GT vs Miami Postponed

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I really wish Todd would get on the phone with someone like North Carolina (or really anybody) to see who wants to play this weekend. We had an away game scheduled, so we would travel to their place. Gotta be people with canceled games that weren't their fault or open weekends that would want to line em up. But I'm guessing he won't do that. And now that I think about it, North Carolina probably wouldn't play - they will likely want a week off before hosting Notre Dame. But there's gotta be someone:
* Ole Miss got canceled on by Texas A&M. Lets play and winner gets Trenylius Tatum.
* Louisiana Tech got canceled on.
* Colorado got canceled on by Arizona State. 5th down revenge anyone?

It's not TStan's decision to make. Per ACC rules we were allowed one OoC game this season and we played UCF. The SEC allowed no OoC games (which is why we played UCF instead of uga) so those options are off the table anyways.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
With no guarantees Tech plays any more games, and with no shot at making the ACCCG, there’s really no point in eating the cash involved with a road game. I think towards the end of the year if things are looking dire conferences should allow teams not in championship game contention to play local OOC teams. There’s no reason Tech and Miami should play on Dec. 19 opposite the ACCCG. Same thing with Georgia and Missouri and the SECCG. If we can’t play ACC games just let us play a round robin with the state of Georgia.
The only reason these games are being played at all is for TV money, period. I suspect most games are at best breakeven for a school given the limited attendance.

The decision should be pretty easy. If the game adds to the amount that a TV network will pay the conference then try to play the game. If not, then don't play it.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I spit up my Waffle House coffee. LOL!
When you think about it. It is really a cheap joke in poor taste. I would be happy with just calling it a season at this point. I don't think this team will get any better and it is not a fair test of Coach Collins and his staff until the team has a bona fide spring practice and summer camp.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The only reason these games are being played at all is for TV money, period. I suspect most games are at best breakeven for a school given the limited attendance.

The decision should be pretty easy. If the game adds to the amount that a TV network will pay the conference then try to play the game. If not, then don't play it.
That and season ticket money.... Even the reduced head count brought cash in... But mostly TV $

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Well, now COVID IS the game. That Tech-Miami game will likely as not be cancelled. I would not be surprised if we have seen the last of football on the Flats for this year.
It's probably too late and television makes a lot of decisions, but Duke is off this week. Wonder if they thought about moving the game to this Saturday.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I hope the time off gives the players some extra time with their classwork. Gives the freshmen some extra time to adjust to academics and hopefully stay in the program. Most aren't ready for the intensity of the classroom. I know I wasn't.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
When you think about it. It is really a cheap joke in poor taste. I would be happy with just calling it a season at this point. I don't think this team will get any better and it is not a fair test of Coach Collins and his staff until the team has a bona fide spring practice and summer camp.
I’ll go a step further. There should be no national championship this year. It’s already clear that many teams are not playing their best and whoever makes it to the end did so for reasons other than having played the toughest schedule or playing the best football. The team with the best covid response and the most favorable schedule adjustments will likely finish first but they can only he thought of as the best team in the country if by best you mean best pandemic survivor.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I’ll go a step further. There should be no national championship this year. It’s already clear that many teams are not playing their best and whoever makes it to the end did so for reasons other than having played the toughest schedule or playing the best football. The team with the best covid response and the most favorable schedule adjustments will likely finish first but they can only he thought of as the best team in the country if by best you mean best pandemic survivor.
I'm not sure there will even be a bowl season this year.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
No politics on this site!

Oh, you weren't talking about the Presidential election? Sorry about that.....