GT vs KSU

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Well, nobody else is watching this?

Are you kidding me, we are down by 1 at 9:20, if we lose this game, we should fire CBG on the spot

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Well, nobody else is watching this?

Are you kidding me, we are down by 1 at 9:20, if we lose this game, we should fire CBG on the spot

Just started watching and am already unhappy. We should be (are) so much better than this.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
We don't seem to play with purpose... We waste possession and have key defensive breakdowns..

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
We are clearly physical superior... but they look like they have more of an offensive flow and cohesiveness.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Well, I've been watching the whole game. When the only thread was just aimed at Bashing Bolden, I left the basketball forum.

We're doing what we've done a lot over the last few years. We're not using a our lead to develop focus but as an excuse to lose focus. It's not telling me a lot about how we'll play when it matters.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I think its telling me that we are going to get killed against those opening ACC teams. I hope i'm wrong but our guys aren't doing the little things. I know we are up by 13, but we just didn't box out on that last jump shot and still got the rebound because carter is a good 5 inches taller than that KSU player.

Those mistakes won't fly vs ACC teams.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Jason Morris has been one of my favorite players, but his injuries have kept him from getting into a groove that fulfills the promise of his first year.

One of the intangibles about games like this is that we play a lot of guys who likely won't get significant minutes when it matters. Against ACC opponents, we'll probably play Golden, Bolden, Georges-Hunt, Carter, Miller then Holsey and Solo Poole. Corey, Poole Jr. and eventually Morris may get limited minutes.

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
At the 4:30 mark Tech is down 2 pts for the half. This is not Kansas St Univ. this is Kennesaw St. It is going to be long year in the ACC. Let me revise this at the 4:05 mark Tech is down 4 pts in the half.

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I wish Bolden would transfer. He does nothing when he is on the court. He can't handle the ball, his defense is below avg, and the one thing he is supposed to be good at (shooting) is not good.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Mostly starters at the end finished it off as they should. I think Bolden will find his groove sooner rather than later.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
This is a W, but man we have some issues. For starters

1) 2 guard is a gaping hole right now... solo has shown some flashes of being good, but double 1's is simply not playing well. I still believe in him and hope he blossoms into a great player, but his minutes should go down drastically till he shows some more.

2) Our wings aren't attacking, MGH, Stacey Poole need to be attacking, there were several times this game where they had a step on their man, and a lane to the goal, and they stepped back, which allowed their men to catch them. They need to explode to the basket, draw the defense at least, and either dunk the ball or make a pass.

3) I love our bigs, I really do have a man-crush on Miller, but after watching some other ACC teams, our bigs look slow and lazy with the ball. I think we will

4) Energy: I know we are playing KSU, and I know the crowd was not a sell-out; but its not a good sign when we our being out hustled on a consistent basis. There simply is no excuse...

Bottom line, I know we won; but I still have my concerns with this team.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Team needs a shooter in the worst way. The lack of not having 1 consistent shooting threat is rediculous.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
For everyone that is so ready to hurl crap at Bolden, show me the game he lost for us. Our bigs are such that he should be able to take some shots and they can grab the boards if he doesn't make the shot. He's only going to get better with more reps so how does pulling him fix his problems? As AE points out last year in ACC play he did alright. I would like to have him closer to 40% but if him missing now means he'll drain a 3 at the end of the game against Duke then I'm all for it. Personally I think he's trying to do too much. His shot wasn't falling so he's trying to change up his mechanics and it's ugly. He can practice all he wants, but shooting a 3 with Brooks Doyle guarding you is totally different than over a high major ACC 2 guard. Vandy will be a really good test for us. Expect him to get pulled if his shots don't go down.

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
He is only a soph, so that excuses the fact that he is not a good shooter? It is not like this is his second year of ever playing basketball. He came to Tech because at some point in his HS career he showed the ability to put the ball in the basket. I've watched ever or listened to ever Tech game since Mark Price was a FR and I can tell you right now if he isn't doing today, he more than likely won't be doing next year any better. SG and SF are supposed to be a team's best scorers. Bolden is not one of Tech's best scorers and no amount of sugar coating is going to change that. Did Larry Bird ever change his mechanics when he was in a slump? Did Dennis Scott ever change is mechanics when he was in a slump? Changing your mechanics is a lot different than tweeking your shot when things are going south for you. I wish he would start lighting it up, just like every body else, but I've seen enough of his game to know he is not guy that will consistently hit shots during a game. He maybe a hell of a practice player, but that is only good at SAC not ACC basketball.

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The big's can't do anything if the guards can't, won't, or refuse to feed them the ball where they can do some real damage. Feeding the post is not a strong suit of this team and has not been in a long time.