GT Vs Georgia Southern

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
22-6. Bases loaded in the bottom of the 8th with 2 outs. Wow! I'm loving this.. This might be close to becoming a football score.

Tech wins 22-6! A thoroughly deserving and satisfying victory. We should do this to the mutts.

Last edited:

GT_ATL

Georgia Tech Fan
@GT_ATL should be happy. Lots of runs in a midweek game.

Indeed I am. I'm not asking for teams to put up 22 in every midweek game, but the scoring range for the power conference team should be a lot more like 11-15 runs than 4-8 like it seems to be. Even that loaded Palka-Evans team consistently output weak performances like 1 run against Mercer, 5 against The Citadel, 2 against Ohio State, etc. It was satisfying to watch us vivisect GSU's bullpen like we should.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My morning after thought is, "How did we score 22 runs?" That is obscene.

Answer: While we only had 20 hits, Southern gave up 11 walks, 3 HBP and had only one SO! That type of walk to SO ratio is unbelievable given they also threw 8 pitchers at us. Great discipline at the plate!! While they had 3 errors, all 22 of our runs are shown as earned.

Also, we scored the 22 runs in only 8 innings ...... and in the 8th runners were being held up who would have been waived on in a close game. It was just out of hand.

Finally, we gave up 4 earned runs (2 on Innis misplay of outfield grounder), which will bring the team ERA down a touch. So other than our three errors (and other missed opportunities the weekend starters would have made outs on), the game was as good as could be hoped.