GT vs BC

How many games will GT win?

• Total voters

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
King, Pitts, Gold starting. Hope they all do well. http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/041615aaa.html

Hopefully we have Pabst and Kel (DH).

BC has been erratic (like most teams). They swept Fluke but were swept by FSU and Louisville. Lost series to Clemson. Tied (1-1) wiht NCState. So they can play - at 72 RPI they are better than UGAg. http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2015/schedule/Boston-College But BC had a Tuesday and Wednesday game at home which should help us a little.

Hope we win the series. I haven't picked one right in the last two so I'll go with 2-1 GT.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Oops, I was posting in parallel........ the reason I have heard that Pitts continues to pitch is that he does really well in bullpen but seems to lose it when he gets in the game. I heard that on WREK from our coaches or the announcers.

I think the reason is partly that Pitts stays in is that he has been so good in past years and Hall keeps waiting for him to get the control back. Pitching Pitts on the weekend is good for him as it's his only shot at getting drafted because I think if he has to catch fire given his stats and injury. http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?P=cole-pitts

But I'm with you, I'd much rather be pitching Parr on the weekend and Fr/So during the week. I don't think it's the best thing for the team for Pitts to be pitching from what I see on the field. We need to be developing pitchers for the next two years now. I'll miss the Friday and Saturday games and won't have to suffer waiting for the loss of control ..... Pitts was extraordinarily lucky to only get one earned run last week leaving 11 on in 4.0 innings pitched when he was pulled in the 5th.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Can someone, anyone, please explain WHY we continue to throw Pitts out there? Paar is simply executing at a much higher level this year....better WHIP, better ERA, better everything....yet Pitts keeps trotting out there every Saturday to pitch, and he is now 0-3 for us. <shakes head>

Because Parr hasn't been much better than Pitts this year. Parr's WHIP is 1.57 and Pitt's is 1.71. Both are very bad. Batters have a higher BAA against Parr. Then consider that Pitts has faced much tougher competition this year in his starts. And don't forget Parr had the job already and lost it because he was awful. Fact is Parr hasn't shown enough to take it from him yet. Maybe he will I don't know but it's hardly worth getting frustrated over. We don't have a lot of pitching depth. This is what happens.

Also think of it as an upside play. The only way Cole can get his command back is to throw live innings. If he can do that we've got another quality starter. It's not like we're on the bubble for the regionals.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
it's hardly worth getting frustrated over

Wanted to clarify this. There's like five weekends left in the season and the only way we don't make regionals is if the bottom completely falls out from under us. When it comes tournament time, ACC and NCAA, we're going to need all four of these guys to start. I'm not really worried about what days they start rather that they do.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Because Parr hasn't been much better than Pitts this year. Parr's WHIP is 1.57 and Pitt's is 1.71. Both are very bad. Batters have a higher BAA against Parr. .........

Parr seems to be getting better but Pitt's control isn't. Regardless, I hope both do well ...... off for the weekend, go Beesball!

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Well that was fast. Wish there was some video footage so we could see if their starter was that good or if the hitters decided not to show up today.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
He was previously winless that threw a complete game 1-hitter. What a way to start the weekend:mad:
We only had 1 hit to their 5 with each team having 1 error.

Wins are a bad barometer of how good a pitcher is. Despite the lack of wins he had great numbers going into this game.

GTChris

Georgia Tech Fan
Was Kel back?

He was briefly. Came back as a pinch hitter for the final out in T9 yesterday. Back today as our DH, which moved AJ to right field (which he apparently hasn't played since freshman year of high school according to WREK).

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Well we usually have one disaster series on the road each year. Looks like this is it. Last year it was Pittsburgh. This year it just had to be those punks from Chesnut Hill.

We can probably kiss any chance of hosting a regional good-bye. Oh well.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well we usually have one disaster series on the road each year. Looks like this is it. Last year it was Pittsburgh. This year it just had to be those punks from Chesnut Hill.

We can probably kiss any chance of hosting a regional good-bye. Oh well.

Skunked. We'll be fighting to make the top 10 ACC at this rate - tied for 10th place now. 3 weeks ago, I was out of town and Louisville swept us. This week I was out of town and BC swept us. Glad I missed the debacle.

If we have to play in for the ACC, we shouldn't go far. Last year we had a lot of good pitching (4 drafted). Barely making the ACC and leaving early will give us a really bad seed (as deserved). So we are creating a mountain to have to climb.\

Maybe someone who watched can say why we scored 1 run all weekend (against a team that was giving up an average of 5.3 runs a game).

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I saw nothing of these games...they weren't on ESPN3 and I did not even get a chance to listen. I do know Kel came back to pinch hit in Game One, but have no idea about the rest.....sure looks bleak and dismal. Our hitting is failing us...not the usual problem at GT. I think we need to revoke the Joltin' Jackets nickname for this year's team!