GT .vs. BC @ 5:00pm today

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Great game by the Jackets. Really proud of the effort. They never quit and had their chance at the end--and this time they got the W. Here are the two teams in a nutshell: BC-great on offense, horrible on defense. GT-pretty good on defense, pretty bad on offense. Going from our usual "pretty bad" on offense to "decent/not bad" was the key to winning today. I don't care who we are playing, we need to keep feeding the post. Miller is shooting over 60% from the field!
not only frpm field but also 7-8 ?on Fts

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Talent. Their bigs are weak and unathletic. It's like having guards that can't shoot (sound familiar). Doesn't matter how good a coach is, talent deficiencies become glaring in conference play. Wait, did I just disprove my own anti-CBG stance? :confused:
The only thing I see a deficiency in is their rebounding. Which has nothing to do with size, its all about effort. When you have shooters everywhere you look and a good PG, You can pretty much throw a big body in the middle and be successful. Anderson is a skilled big man, just not a center. Im just baffled at their record.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I don't think the game would have been close yesterday if we had a healthy Golden running the point along with our 3 headed monster of bigs. Hanlan is going to get his points but after that they have nothing. The announcers said they have made 7 3 pointers in the last however many games, but it hasn't done anything for them. They have to shoot 3 pointers because they have no penetration. We also ended 3 of their possessions on shot clock violations. That doesn't go into the shooting stats but I can't imagine we're the only team that makes them do that. Their 2 ACC wins are against VPI, glad they couldn't make it 3 wins.

Last thought for the game: Heyward needs to f'n shoot the ball when he gets a chance. His shot lands so soft in the net it's like he's shooting a small ball at an oversize rim. I get he's not a shoot first player but when he's wide open he needs to take a chance. He's had to grow up fast this year, but hopefully he's realizing he's good enough to play a little looser.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
BC is a team full of talented Highschool scorers who don't care enough on the defensive end. If you watch their intensity / movement on offense and compare when they are on D it's night and day. Hanlan / rahon / Anderson all great offensive players but Slack on defense.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
I don't think the game would have been close yesterday if we had a healthy Golden running the point along with our 3 headed monster of bigs. Hanlan is going to get his points but after that they have nothing. The announcers said they have made 7 3 pointers in the last however many games, but it hasn't done anything for them. They have to shoot 3 pointers because they have no penetration. We also ended 3 of their possessions on shot clock violations. That doesn't go into the shooting stats but I can't imagine we're the only team that makes them do that. Their 2 ACC wins are against VPI, glad they couldn't make it 3 wins.

Last thought for the game: Heyward needs to f'n shoot the ball when he gets a chance. His shot lands so soft in the net it's like he's shooting a small ball at an oversize rim. I get he's not a shoot first player but when he's wide open he needs to take a chance. He's had to grow up fast this year, but hopefully he's realizing he's good enough to play a little looser.

I agree on Heyward. When he dumps the ball inside and it comes back out to him he needs to pull the trigger. He simply cannot be any worse than the guys we have shooting from outside.

Atomic Jacket

Banned
Nice win, which brings us to the 4 ACC regular season wins I predicted earlier. Later I said I was leaning more toward 5 wins. I still think we have one more ACC win in us before the tournament, which will bring us to 5 wins, 13 losses. Go Jackets.