GT Vollebees

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Following GT Volleyball has motivated me to follow the local HS team. It turns out they are a powerhouse team in the small school classification in NC. A school with less than 450 students. Check out the elevation on this block.

Pamlico HS VB - block.jpg

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Nebraska had 92k at their Volleyball match last night. Bonkers! It’s great to see women’s sports launching into orbit this year. I think legalized sports gambling has helped a lot - anecdotally, I’ve been watching a ton of WNBA this summer.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Nebraska had 92k at their Volleyball match last night. Bonkers! It’s great to see women’s sports launching into orbit this year. I think legalized sports gambling has helped a lot - anecdotally, I’ve been watching a ton of WNBA this summer.

I saw that yesterday, also.

Almost 93,000. The photos of the stadium were absolutely bonkers!

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I see the matches against Ohio State are only available on the streaming option of the Big 10 network which requires a subscription. Does anyone know of an alternative viewing method (other that traveling to Columbus, OH).

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck

Yeah saw it on TV... Was pretty wild. But Nebraska thrashes Omaha... Wish it could've been a more competitive match to keep it fun.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
How does a volleyball team that just beat a Top 15 team twice, 3-1, on their own court, after beating a Top10 team the previous week not move up from 11? How does a 2-2 Texas team that lost to 2 unranked teams stay in the Top10? How does Minnesota stay ahead of GT with a 2-2 record?

It's not like GT didn't play quality opponents. They beat the #8 team at a neutral site, the #12 team twice on their home court, and a very good USF on their home court. We're freakin' 4-0 with 3 away victories and a neutral site win over a Top10 team. I feel like we're getting jobbed here. No respect.

This team is better than last year or the year before. They may be even better next year.

Edit: Okay, Stanford beat Texas. But Stanford also lost to UF who struggled to beat USF (3-2 after being down 2-1) who we slapped down 3-0.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Louisville embarrassed and destroyed Penn State today... which isn't what I was hoping for for PSU to finish out strong...:rolleyes: