GT v Wake 1/19

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
10 guys with floor time in the first half. Talking with my boys about how we've struggled all year to find a consistent third scorer. Tonight, all 10 have scored, but only Devoe with double digits.

BuzzBy

Georgia Tech Fan
More garbage transitional defense; more poor FT shooting; more turnovers; more mediocrity (shoulder shrugging) from Pastner.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I didn't see a thread started, almost into the end of the game figured needed a place to BMC .. b1tch moan complain.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Not pretty shooting ...

Screenshot_20220119-210134.jpg

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
One of the best things about tonight's game, is that it was a 7:00 start so everyone can get home after the game at a decent hour.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just not our year for basketball or football it seems, maybe there is hope with baseball

Better times are ahead for GT basketball under Pastner. Tonight sucked.

Let's enjoy WBB and focus on the good. I share the hope for baseball, but we all know that being a GT fan is not for the weak of heart.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Each game they predictably fall apart in the last 10 minutes. The defense gives up completely uncontested lay ups and open jumpers. In past years, even when the offense was off, they played hard defense. Not this year.
The offense has no plan. The big guys cannot shoot more than two feet from the basket. The guards drive into the lane, get covered up and throw up a wild shot instead of kicking out. It is hard to go from leading by 3 to down by 16 that quickly. But this team does it. It is hard to watch the men’s team right now. I do not blame the players. I blame the coaches for not having them ready to play. And how does Wake have superior talent? Sorry for rambling.

Last edited:

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
The ACC announcer put it pretty succinctly, "No defensive resistance in the second half by GT". This is looked and played a lot like an OOC developmental game. Mostly we looked young. I'd just as soon we crack the seal and play the youth for the rest of the year.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Each game they predictably fall apart in the last 10 minutes. The defense gives up completely uncontested lay ups and open jumpers. In past years, even when the offense was off, they played hard defense. Not this year.
The offense has no plan. The big guys cannot shoot more than two feet from the basket. The guards drive into the lane, get covered up and throw up a wild shot instead of kicking out. It is hard to go from leading by 3 to down by 16 that quickly. But this team does it. It is hard to watch the men’s team right now. I do not blame the players. I blame the coaches for not having the, ready to play. And how does Wake have superior talent? Sorry for rambling.
Get ready for excuses for why Pastner struck out in the portal

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The offense has no plan. The big guys cannot shoot more than two feet from the basket. The guards drive into the lane, get covered up and throw up a wild shot instead of kicking out. It is hard to go from leading by 3 to down by 16 that quickly. But this team does it. It is hard to watch the men’s team right now. I do not blame the players. I blame the coaches for not having them ready to play. And how does Wake have superior talent? Sorry for rambling.
No need to apologize. Many of us feel the same way.
Sometimes I wonder if the big guys can even shoot from one foot from the basket.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Better times are ahead for GT basketball under Pastner. Tonight sucked.

Let's enjoy WBB and focus on the good. I share the hope for baseball, but we all know that being a GT fan is not for the weak of heart.
I appreciate your optimism and I'm not trying to be contrarian but what do you see that makes you think better times are ahead under Pastner? We brought in 0 recruits this cycle and will lose our 2 best players after this season. What am I missing that I should be optimistic about?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I appreciate your optimism and I'm not trying to be contrarian but what do you see that makes you think better times are ahead under Pastner? We brought in 0 recruits this cycle and will lose our 2 best players after this season. What am I missing that I should be optimistic about?
Pure guess is that Deebo, Tristan, Saba, Kelly, and the other youngsters get it together next year and we get lucky in the portal action.