GT v VT Missed Field Goal Series

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
after watching this replay of this series...it is obvious that the left side of our OL needs to play better. They seem to be a step slow every time.

slugboy

Staff member
On the last pass play, if the slot receiver runs a slant and the pass comes in 5 yards, he's got a good chance of making the first down or the end zone. It seemed like a slow developing pass play.

I know everyone is running an 8-9 yard route on 3rd and 8, but there was space to run after a quick pass.

PJ4Prez

Georgia Tech Fan
Keep em coming!

I wonder how much the play calls of the 2 back-to-back rocket tosses were the result of coach letting JT get his breath back after the long run that got called back?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
On the speed option on 1st down, there may have been a miscommunication between the OT and Aback. If remember correctly, the tackle usually gives the Aback an "out" or "in" call. The OLB appears to be shaded outside, which the Aback should get an "out" call which means he will bypass that guy and climb to cut off a Safety or backside defender. If he gets an "in" call, the Aback seal/or load block that OLB. Appears that JT should have pitched on this play

Really loving this film session.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
after watching this replay of this series...it is obvious that the left side of our OL needs to play better. They seem to be a step slow every time.

Not only a step slow but often taking poor blocking angles. Open field blocking is very difficult especially for o-linemen on smaller, faster backers but knowing where the play is going and experience can help you to position yourself more successfully.

This type of slo-mo analysis also really helps you to see how small changes and missed assignments can result in massive differences in out come. Hopefully next week we will have more long plays as everyone continues to improve. Thanks Longestday for taking the time to do this. I love watching these!

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Seeing the quality of your videos and how much things jump out at you with the clarity of your slow motion, I wonder what quality of the coaches and players review is. Have you posted the hardware/software you are using and is this type of video work part of your job or just hobby?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@B Lifsey I am using Quick Time Screen Recording and a Mac. I just scroll through the video using a mouse wheel or track pad.

I graduated GT in 2007 and have been a "casual" football fan starting with Don Shula and Dan Marino. I did not get into GT Football until the GT Clemson ACC Championship game. I fell in love with the triple option and how it works. There are people on here who know a lot more than I know as my football knowledge is very limited. The only thing I have is watching a ton of our film in slow motion.

I have seen Vad using their video system last year. They have more of a "jump" reverse "jump" forward system. I think they would be well severed with a wheel type system to allow them to scroll back and forward to allow them to better pickup small nuances. But, I would never pay for my advice! CPJ probably does not even need to replay very much given his vast experience.