GT v VT 3rd Offensive Series

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Love how you pointed out JT's head angle. Oh, the RT who's slow off the ball is you know who. On the 4th down play, I wonder why JT didn't just give that MLB the juke like he did in the GSU game, there was nobody else in the backfield. He could have set his feet and thrown the easy td.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Coach is right: we can get sooooo much better. Case in point: a little better block on two of the plays in this drive and Laskey is in the end zone. I'm betting we're going to start making those blocks directly. That was the best D we'll face until Ugag.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
#36 for VT was all over the field. Our wide splits make it harder to do some of the blocking, but also spread the D more.

Great job and thanks for the detail, especially in an off week!

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck

I think just in term of adjustments, execution, and playcalling VPI is always the best defense we face. Even in 2009. I think we were just a step slow on the road against Miami that year.

Against Tenuta influenced D's we've averaged 400 + yards and 36 points a game. I still just think we're a bad matchup for what UVA will try to do.

Pitt will definitely be interesting, but I'm hopeful the loss of Aaron Donald will help us be more effective.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think just in term of adjustments, execution, and playcalling VPI is always the best defense we face. Even in 2009. I think we were just a step slow on the road against Miami that year.

Against Tenuta influenced D's we've averaged 400 + yards and 36 points a game. I still just think we're a bad matchup for what UVA will try to do.

Pitt will definitely be interesting, but I'm hopeful the loss of Aaron Donald will help us be more effective.

I agree VT has always been the best at both scheme and execution ...... but VT isn't as good as they used to be. If they had another 2 players like #36, we'd be lucky to have scored at all. Also, Foster seemed to adjust his D for down and distance more than others (according to Boomer).

This year's UVa D is a lot better. I watched part of the BYU game and was very impressed in the first half. When I checked back in the fourth quarter, they were getting gashed. I think it was the altitude .... which we experienced first hand last year. Still the BYU game they gave up the most yards rushing all year at 145 yards and most was the fourth quarter I think. UVa only gave up 116 rushing yards to UCLA.

It's going to be a dog fight with Pitt and UVa and we "just" need to execute because I think we have O speed over them. It's going to be fun to watch.

Declinometer

Banned
I agree VT has always been the best at both scheme and execution ...... but VT isn't as good as they used to be. If they had another 2 players like #36, we'd be lucky to have scored at all. Also, Foster seemed to adjust his D for down and distance more than others (according to Boomer).

This year's UVa D is a lot better. I watched part of the BYU game and was very impressed in the first half. When I checked back in the fourth quarter, they were getting gashed. I think it was the altitude .... which we experienced first hand last year. Still the BYU game they gave up the most yards rushing all year at 145 yards and most was the fourth quarter I think. UVa only gave up 116 rushing yards to UCLA.

It's going to be a dog fight with Pitt and UVa and we "just" need to execute because I think we have O speed over them. It's going to be fun to watch.

Really?