Drop back pass: 5
Counter option: 2
BB Trap: 2
Rocket toss: 1
WR reverse: 1
Speed option: 1

Punt: 1
FG attempt: 1

UGA came out with a 5-2 front and fired their cornerbacks often. There were a ton of openings in the passing game but JT was hot and cold with his accuracy. He played smart, though, and didn't turn it over.

We were able to run the triple a fair amount, and here's how I have it: 3 gives, 3 pitches, 2 keeps. There's only one of these that I think you could say JT got it wrong - a give on the 3rd drive he maybe could have kept (personally, I think he read it right, as the end never turned his shoulders to the BB).

Re-watching it, I'm surprised at just how well we were pushing them around. We were kicking them in the teeth up front from the coin flip onwards. If we could have hit 2-3 more passes, we'd have cruised into the second half. Most of our play action passes were either really quick vertical routes, or our "switch" combo, where the WR drives in-and-up (think of an inverted fade route) while the AB runs a wheel.

Though he didn't throw great consistently, JT made fantastic decisions in the first half. A highlight was a play action pass where JT escaped pressure and rolled to the backside, where he saw Smelter break off his route to a comeback. A lot of QBs would have thrown it away or tucked and run when faced with no open guys on the frontside and that kind of pressure.

We clearly wanted to get the ball in Smelter's hands. We also intentionally got it to Hill in the passing game.