Film Room GT V Tulane Series 2

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Great breakdowns. We really did miss some huge plays by getting outplayed by that MLB. I don't think you need to be too apologetic to the athletes when you point things like that out. Maybe he's just good!

did we ever get those 2 minutes back? Not that it mattered but I was very confused at the officials allowing the clock to run for a full 2 minutes...I didn't know if that was just the TV clock or not as I was in and out of the room doing some chores and such.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
The trap and dive give should discourage the "safety at MLB" plan. We had trouble getting to 6 on option plays, but he was blown up numerous times on dives and traps, most notably the block by Klock on the TD.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
These are always fun to watch. You can really see how the triple option gets in the head of the defenders, making the dive and trap plays even more successful. I think that's the real beauty of the offense--they are so consumed preparing for and stopping the triple option the other plays (along with good blocking) really catch them off-guard.

Obviously, really elite athletes that can defeat blocks and make good tackles will wreak havoc on ANY offense, and it can happen against ours too. However, I've never seen an offense like ours that can effectively neutralize a superior opponent, or even dominate opponents with equal athletes.

96Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I love these!!!
Also I think the Bback option is starting the the 2nd qtr is a load option
I thought load option was where the B-back is rolling out and serving as a blocker for either the QB or trailing A-back? On that play, Marshall rolls out but it looks like he's keeping an angle more suited for taking a pitch.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
These are always fun to watch. You can really see how the triple option gets in the head of the defenders, making the dive and trap plays even more successful. I think that's the real beauty of the offense--they are so consumed preparing for and stopping the triple option the other plays (along with good blocking) really catch them off-guard.

Obviously, really elite athletes that can defeat blocks and make good tackles will wreak havoc on ANY offense, and it can happen against ours too. However, I've never seen an offense like ours that can effectively neutralize a superior opponent, or even dominate opponents with equal athletes.
I think this has a lot to do with the fact that we don't have to hold blocks for very long, which is why we cut so much. As it turns out, though, our line is extremely capable of simply blowing opponents off the ball now. I'm not sure that was the case three or four years ago, but it is now. I think that's why we had so much success with the B-back again last year.

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
I think on a load option the playside AB seals off the DE while the BB leads and backside AB gets the pitch.

gxv1dnz.jpg

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
of course, if it's still done the same way (I would assume it is) PJ doesn't call it anything except a number. His system is a bunch of play numbers with various blocking "calls" and various motion calls. In his playbook from GSU days, this is play 16/17 (bback option) with an "eagle" call.

Dr4yRgLl.jpg