Film Room GT V Tulane Series 1

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Surprised there has not been more props for our WR blocking, especially for Summers and how he has played these first two games.
Summers has been one big pleasant surprise all around. He seems bigger, faster and stronger than I remember, he blocks like a monster and catches like a venus fly trap. I wanna see him get the same chemistry going that Smelter had with JT on the scrambled come-back route. That's when I'll know we got no drop off whatsoever.

Big Philly

Jolly Good Fellow
I've noticed this, as well. As much as I appreciate Skov's willingness to take/create contact, he could be so much more successful if he kept his head up and tried a juke. He did it against Alcorn and could have busted one for a TD. However, if that's the tradeoff for him getting 2-3 yards at the LOS, I'll take it.

Old habits die hard. I also think that given the rotation with Marshall, Skov is really conscious of what is expected of him, such as getting "tough yards," and "falling forward," but maybe also softening up the defense.

I'm all in favor of Skov sticking to his strengths, his style, and playing hard. Robbie Godhigh was a great player for us but one thing that irritated me was that our other A-backs started trying to run like Robbie, trying to make that impossibly agile cut to get past a defender when they would have gained more yards by just... running the ball naturally.

There is value in trucking people, especially the secondary players. In the Alcorn game there was one big play (on Marshall's long TD run?) where the Free Safety clearly didn't want to make the tackle and half-assed his responsibility.

beernutts

Georgia Tech Fan
Looking at the set-up with Aback in slot to right,it looks like if we put Snoddy there,he could blow by the DB up the middle for a long pass if we got the left split-end to run middle at the safety and distract him.Haven't really seen this in a while.
I don't think Snoddy has the best hands, so I don't know that we'd feature a route for him. But, it may be worth it to utilize his speed on a streak down the seam.