GT v JAX

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
That's who we WILL, who do we WANT?

I imagine we want Ole Miss... The advantage for us is that whoever we play today will have just been out on the field for 3 hours while we are resting. We want to face their #2 pitcher today when their team is tired, rather than tomorrow when everyone is fresh.

Also, we only want to play them once since they have home field advantage. I'd rather have them on the fence today as opposed to a confident and rowdy home crowd tomorrow.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That's who we WILL, who do we WANT?

crl said it all I think. I'll talk about our pitching in a minute. Either we get:

1) Ole Miss #2 pitcher tonight and then Washington #3 and #4 pitcher tomorrow; or
2) Washington #3 pitcher tonight and Ole Miss #2 and #3 pitcher tomorrow.
Since Ole Miss is the home team, I'd rather face them only once I guess. Plus better to face #3 and #4 than #2 and #3.

What I really want in this ongoing Wash/Ole Miss game is a 20 inning extravaganza that totally depletes both teams bullpens and starters. 0-0 in T4 so only 16 innings to go ....... the announcers just talked about how hard it is for the loser to get up for the next game. Too bad it isn't 95F, 100% humidity and sunny.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nuke, isn't Isaacs done for today ? I know Clay is.

My guess is we won't see Isaacs again today, but tomorrow if we make it .... he had 24 pitches so he should be able to pitch more tomorrow.

I think we see pitchers from here on out in this order Parr, Grimes, Roberts, Isaacs, Clay ........

Here are the 17 pitchers we have with stats this year and possibilities:
..............................ERA. I Pitched..Pitching Availability
Sam Clay.............. 1.33, 54.1, ..... 43 pitches JAX, done probably
Dusty Isaacs......... 1.81, 59.2, ......24 pitches JAX, can go more
Devin Stanton....... 2.27, 71.1, ..... 83 pitches JAX, done
Ben Parr................ 2.74, 62.1, ......Available
Josh Heddinger..... 3.64, 76.2, ......124 pitches Wash, done totally
Matthew Grimes... 4.22, 59.2, ......Available
Jonathan Roberts. 4.13, 32.2, .......Available
Zac Ryan............... 4.3, 29.1, .........22 pitches Wash, can go more
Ben Schniederjans. 5.14,14, ..........19 pitches Wash, can go more
Tanner Shelton...... 5.74, 15.2, ......Available
Matthew Gorst....... 7.59, 21.1, ......Available
Matt Phillips.......... 10.8, 6.2, .........Not enough experience
Joe Wiseman......... 0, 3.1, .............Not enough experience
DeAndre Smelter... 0, 2, ................Not on team now
Jonathan King...... 1.96, 18.1, ........Hurt
Alex Cruz............... 2.3, 15.2, .........Not on team now
Cole Pitts................ 3.18, 17, ..........Hurt

Last edited:

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I think if push comes to shove everyone is available. Win or go home. All hands on deck.

I didn't realize that the rain-out created a back-to-back double header situation. That's ridiculous. Basically screws everybody in the loser bracket.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
I think if push comes to shove everyone is available. Win or go home. All hands on deck.

I didn't realize that the rain-out created a back-to-back double header situation. That's ridiculous. Basically screws everybody in the loser bracket.

It was posted about the forecast: http://gtswarm.com/community/threads/tech-vs-washington.2657/ . It also happen to effect other Regional games as well. So don't take the blame all by yourself;):)