GT v Duke tonight

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Yea they played with alot of effort last night. Thought id have to turn it off at halftime and that didn't happen. We miss Rob big time, but we have absolutely no shooters on this team presently. I was hoping Jorgenson could play point and let Trae do the shooting this year but that went down the drain. CBG is in a pickle this year and I feel for him. Hopefully he can put something together to help us stay competitive. I just don't see it happening with the players we have

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I was proud of the effort...we played better than I expected. Refs didn't help us in any way.

The effort was not bad at all, I just wish we'd run a more coherent offense. Not having Robert really hurt us last night, but we really should have utilized Miller and Kam a lot more than we did. Notre Dame exposed Duke's weakness in the post, but it just didn't seem like we did much to attack it. It's actually been a bit of a theme this season...I see Miller and Carter calling for the ball, but we just haven't done a good job of getting it down there.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I know we've had 2 big injuries to start the year but we look poorly coached. We play okay defense and whatwe run on offense isn't even offense in my book. I just don't think Gregory is the answer. Hopefully he turns it around but if he doesn't and 2014 isn't a tourney year, I think he has to go. Basketbal isn't football. It shouldn't take 4-5 years to turn a program around, we have the resources to recruit good players and he should be able to at least put together a tourney team by his 3rd season, but that isn't going to happen.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
At least Stephens is starting to play well. His shots look like the only jump shots that look good when they leave his hand. Wish he weighed a little more. What is his listed position?

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
I know we've had 2 big injuries to start the year but we look poorly coached. We play okay defense and whatwe run on offense isn't even offense in my book. I just don't think Gregory is the answer. Hopefully he turns it around but if he doesn't and 2014 isn't a tourney year, I think he has to go. Basketbal isn't football. It shouldn't take 4-5 years to turn a program around, we have the resources to recruit good players and he should be able to at least put together a tourney team by his 3rd season, but that isn't going to happen.

You keep forgetting things he did inherent when Hewitt left. That should at least give him an extra year.

We also have money issues, and we just can't keep firing coaches.

We do need to STOP giving these ridicules extinctions that are keeping us in the hole, when and if we need to make a change. We got what we had to work with, which I don't think is all that bad for the time being. If it doesn't, we should be able to do better later on.