GT Uniforms vs. Wofford

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Somebody has got to start a uniform thread, right?

So...before anyone can say it, here it is: the uniforms are not nearly as important as what we do in them. We can wear the ugliest uniforms ever, but if we win, then everything is all good. Uniforms do not make a team.

However, after changing uniforms every year for the past 6 years, it looked to me like these were the same uniforms as last year. Can anyone confirm or deny? Were there subtle differences? Did we just decide to wait before breaking out anything new in upcoming games? Are we going to use the throwbacks more this year (the ones we used in the ACC Media days)? Discuss!

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Ah, a uni thread. Wouldn't be a GT board without one. If those unis weren't the same as last years' , they were pretty close. I like 'em, BTW. The classic GT look in modern material. Here's hoping we have seen the last of the bubblewrap/chickenwire or whatever you want to call it.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
So...before anyone can say it, here it is: the uniforms are not nearly as important as what we do in them. We can wear the ugliest uniforms ever, but if we win, then everything is all good. Uniforms do not make a team.
*I disagree!!! We could go 0-12, but we better win the prettiest uniform contest or else CPJ has GOT to go!!!*

*snark*

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We can play nakeded for all I care if we can beat UGA this year! (Guess there might be a lot of women to by game day tickets if that was to happen. :) )

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Those looked great in the 70s n 80s ;p
In all seriousness those are fine by me. I don't care much for the false stripes on sleeves. They just look silly on modern tight fitting unis to me. They are really just painted on slashes to approximate stripes.
Prefer this year's uni. Modern and conservative. Best of both worlds.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
On another note. Have y'all seen FSUs nike unis this year? I think they combined the near invisible gold numbers I hated with Seminole version of bubble wrap on shoulders of jerseys. Awfully executed.

Atomic Jacket

Banned
Unless the uniform is drastically different, for example, with white helmets or blue jerseys, I honestly don't even notice what they look like. How can a person possibly pay attention to the details of the game strategy and also spare a moment to notice anything about the uniforms? And as long as it's not a completely different look, why would any fan of football care?

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, again, its not the most important thing, and not the first thing I see, but with all the off-season talk of uniforms and all the changes being made in uniforms across the country, I was at least slightly interested to see what uniforms we would wear.

I don't mind these uniforms, but, like most, I loved the throwbacks last year. These uniforms are simple and non-offensive, which is good enough for me, because I know they could be a lot worse.

hdgtfan

Georgia Tech Fan
Unless the uniform is drastically different, for example, with white helmets or blue jerseys, I honestly don't even notice what they look like. How can a person possibly pay attention to the details of the game strategy and also spare a moment to notice anything about the uniforms? And as long as it's not a completely different look, why would any fan of football care?
I am with Atomic on this, have seen hundreds of games and could not even tell you what uniforms were used for any given game and don't care as long as I can tell it is GT playing