Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
umm, culture of apathy ... get it?

Ugh.....

I'm way off my ****ing game......

IMG_1262.GIF

savjacket9

Georgia Tech Fan
I remember hearing the stat that we are 18-0 when leading with 5 mins to go in the game this year, I wonder what Gregory's winning percentage was when leading with 5 mins to go. I honestly don't know I just remember losing so many close games where it felt like we fell apart at the end and I was hoping someone else would be bored enough to go look up the numbers.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I remember hearing the stat that we are 18-0 when leading with 5 mins to go in the game this year, I wonder what Gregory's winning percentage was when leading with 5 mins to go. I honestly don't know I just remember losing so many close games where it felt like we fell apart at the end and I was hoping someone else would be bored enough to go look up the numbers.
Sorry, I'm too lazy to try and research that, but I do know in 2014-15 we lost like 12 games by 6 points or less. With a couple others being overtime losses. The feeling (for me as a fan) this year has been completely different as far as confidence that we will win down the stretch.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Gregory had his issues and positives but Pastner is THE coach for Ga Tech. He is proving it immediately. I myself am so glad he is here.
Gregory had his issues and positives but Pastner is THE coach for Ga Tech. He is proving it immediately. I myself am so glad he is here.
I felt the same way after Hewitt took us to the final four also. But I agree, this has a different feel in that the entire program has been envigorated by the recruiting and outside work that CJP has done to bring our program back to prominence. Whether by bringing ex-players back into the mix, or bringing back ex-players to the staff, or selling our students on how good the product is, or emptying his own pockets to "make it great again". Yeah I like Trump. Josh has done a great job in year one, and I have no doubts that he will continue to try to get us back on the national stage.

Being a sidewalk fan and understanding the intracacies and academics that are GT in my opinion it takes coaches like what we have in football and basketball and baseball. They get what Tech is and how to be successful and I myself am so grateful for the time, heart and soul they put into our programs. I have been a tech fan for 30 years and will always be. It is a special school and it takes special people to mold the future leaders of the free world.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Being a sidewalk fan and understanding the intracacies and academics that are GT in my opinion it takes coaches like what we have in football and basketball and baseball. They get what Tech is and how to be successful and I myself am so grateful for the time, heart and soul they put into our programs. I have been a tech fan for 30 years and will always be. It is a special school and it takes special people to mold the future leaders of the free world.
Paging @GTNavyNuke but I have doubts about the Baseball coach in your list. Not in understanding the kinds of players it takes at Tech, but in getting the most success out of them as possible. I think in football and basketball we see more evidence of coaching up to real success than on the diamond these days. However, I am going to spur a discussion that isn't meant for the basketball board in this reply, so if it starts up maybe we can get it moved.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I love the positive energy that CJP has. CJP is an optimistic guy, and I believe that is contagious. I think CBG was a good guy, and probably the best we could get at the time we got him, but I believe CJP can take us to the next level.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Schultz: Pastner has been master for Tech, but Gregory deserves some credit
This season seemingly affirms two things: 1) Tech has benefited from Pastner’s infectious enthusiasm, which has spread from him to the players, through the program, the campus and the fan base; 2) Maybe the inbox he inherited from Gregory wasn’t so bad after all.

It’s clear Gregory not only stabilized the program but hit on recruits, notably junior Ben Lammers and freshman Josh Okogie, the Jackets’ two leading scorers.

“I thought we had a chance to be pretty good this year,” Gregory said by phone.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Last edited:

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
We knew Lammers was ACC starter quality. That was fairly common knowledge.

Okogie would have been a pleasant surprise regardless of the offensive system.

Neither of them would have close to as effective offensively with Heath and Heyward dribbling in place in the "stand in place and hope something happens" offense.

JOk would have averaged about 6 ppg inBGs offense because BGs offense was non-existent. Did he recruit him? Sure. Would have have used him effectively? Probably not. Let's stop applauding the good tries and celebrate the well-dones...

BG is a terrible leader of program and I'm glad he's gone...