GT - UNC game predictions

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
35-27 GT. With two weeks off UNC has tricks up their sleeves on O and their D improves moderately.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Is anyone else worried about EVERYONE picking us to beat UNC? Usually we have a couple of people pick against us just because. I enjoy being the underdog.

Either way GT wins here 45-17. UNC will play sloppy on offense making our defense look good.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Is anyone else worried about EVERYONE picking us to beat UNC? Usually we have a couple of people pick against us just because. I enjoy being the underdog.

Either way GT wins here 45-17. UNC will play sloppy on offense making our defense look good.
Does Alabama complain that they aren't the underdog? Get used to being the big dog. Vad's rein is beginning...

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
It's gonna be really close I think..probably 45-38 Vad leads a game winning drive and PJ tries to act like nothing happened

heeled soul

Georgia Tech Fan
(i may be setting myself up here but i'll ask anyways)

curious... if anything, what worries you most about the game?
for me, maybe it would be that GT and TR's D has not yet faced a QB of Renner's caliber.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
(i may be setting myself up here but i'll ask anyways)

curious... if anything, what worries you most about the game?
for me, maybe it would be that GT and TR's D has not yet faced a QB of Renner's caliber.

That is certainly a factor. If Renner were mobile I'd be more scared, but he's not and hasn't hit his stride yet so he's only part of what scares me. UNC is likely better than Duke, so we have not been tested at this level yet and have not faced much adversity.

The biggest thing that scares me is the attention we've received from the UNC coaching staff and players. Last year's game has been a motivator for UNC in the offseason and the last two weeks, and they're certainly not as incompetent as last year's defensive effort showed. That leads me to believe they're about to throw the kitchen sink at us i.e., trick plays, changing pace throughout the game. This is only Fedora's second game against us and it appears he's taking it much more seriously than the last. Can you imagine if they completely flopped after all the attention and game planning they devoted? The fear of repeating absolute failure means they will be a highly motivated bunch tomorrow.

The extra time and focus doesn't necessarily signal to me that UNC will be far different defensively than what they've always been. At the very least though I expect they won't give up midway through the game as was reported last year. I think this will be a good game and both teams will play their best game of the season, but the overriding reason for confidence in GT is based on GT appearing to be ahead of UNC on both sides of the ball the first few games of the season.

gtdrew

Banned
44-28 GT. All the prep in the world doesn't make you athletes on defense better. They've lost a lot on D, and I don't buy into the hype their recruits get. Big day for Vad, and a TD return for the Golden one...

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
38-17 GT

I don't see Marvin Austin, Zach Brown, Kevin Reddick, Robert Quinn, or Coples (who we made look about as bad as Kam Chancellor) on UNC D and even with those guys we still beat UNC.
Renner is poor man TJ Yates. Romar Morris could be a problem, but UNC is content on being a finesse offense. I like the Ebron vs Watts match up.

Last edited:

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Im worried about this one mostly because I am working with a bunch of tar holes fan that talk wayyyyyy to much smack but im gonna say we win.....42-31