GT to open 2016 vs ACC foe?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
@ShaneSaint: The GAA announced today that it will not be hosting a proposed American Football game between Boston College and Georgia Tech in 2016.

Sorry...who is the GAA?

If it is the (real) Irish then this confirms the idea is dead?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@tonyleen: Proposed American Football game at Croker, Boston College and Georgia Tech in 2016 is off, says GAA: strength of $v€ means no longer viable.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, found it...Gaelic Athletic Association:

The GAA announced today that it will not be hosting a proposed American Football game between Boston College and Georgia Tech in 2016.

The GAA stated that the strength of the dollar against the euro means that the staging of the game at Croke Park was no longer viable for the Association without significant support from government agencies.

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
Seems strange that the current currency rate dictates the viability of the game. If it only took 1 year for the rates to look bad, who knows how they'll look next year.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I wonder how much support they would need for this to happen. Personally I would contribute to a Kickstarter to make this game happen.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
So let's tank the dollar to make the game viable again (and once it's official pump it back up). We're Georgia Tech, we can do that!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I was really pumped about this trip, was all ready to book my flight once it was official. Now let's go out and beat down on the Irish to take revenge for the other Irish depriving us of a once in a lifetime experience!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Oh well...that would have been fun. However, a good friend of mine is moving to Boston, so I'll still probably make the trip

Techster

Helluva Engineer
They should move it to Spain in the Bernabeu just because I've never been to Spain, and I like paella. (extra points for those who know what stadium I'm referring to).

GTFLETCH

Banned
I just hope we do not somehow end up having to schedule another FCS or G5.... I mean we just paid Mercer 300K to move the game from 3 Sep to 10 Sep.... I hope we open in a kickoff game if we can't go to Dublin..