Article GT Swarm Mock Board 10/30

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
We are starting a new feature where I will post a update on a recruit and then and the other mods and myself will make a projection on where they will sign come NSD. I am posting a confidence level based on the % I think they will sign with GT on NSD.

Jamiyus Pittman - DT
Ole Miss Commit

Eric - Georgia Tech has been hard after Pittman for awhile now...He first visited for a camp in Summer where he was with Andy McCollum all day. Pittman did not particiapte in camp and the coaches just wanted to get him on campus and then offer. He was already committed at the time but was still very interested in the Jackets. One of the biggest things working in Tech's favor is Georgia Tech LB commit Tre Jackson, the two are good friends and Pittman visited with Jackson for the Syracuse game....Pittman was said to come away impressed with what he saw and is seriously considering Tech. Auburn is another school that he has visited this year and they are in the picture as well. I would expect Pittman to take a few official visit.

Eric's prediction - Georgia Tech
Confidence level - 60%

GTDrew - With nothing to go on buy my gut, I think he flips. Just something about the situation makes me think he doesnt want to go to Ole Miss.
Confidence level - 75%

John - Ole Miss​

Lamont Simmons - DB
Rutgers commit

Eric - Ted Roof and the Jackets already have 5 DB's committed but they would like one more if they can find space...From what I have heard Simmons is a guy they are keeping close tabs on and could be a fall back option if they find space and do not find anyone else they like better than him. Simmons visited Georgia Tech about a month ago and loved the visit. Simmons named Georgia Tech the leader after his visit and would have committed if he could have. A few weeks after his visit he decided to commit to Rutgers to ensure himself of a scholarship...If Georgia Tech wants him he will end up a Yellow Jacket but my gut feel is that we will not give a offer...Another school could jump in and flip him if GT passes.

Eric's Prediciton - Rutgers
Confidence level - 20%

GTDrew- Coaching staff wants him, big corner.
Confidence level - 50/50 between Rutgers and GT

John - Rutgers​

Tyree Owens - DE
West Virginia commit

Eric - Here is yet another guy that Georgia Tech could have landed early on if they gave him a commitable offer. Tyree Owens committed to West Virginia over the Summer but has stayed in constant contact with the Georgia Tech coaching staff...GT is also returning the love to him. I like Owens a lot and hope the Jackets can find room for him. I am going to go out on a limb on this one and say he ends up a Yellow Jacket.

Eric's Prediction - Georgia Tech
Confidence level - 40%

GTDrew - Stays with West Virginia IMO.
Confidence level - 10 to 20%

John - WVU​

David Sharpe - OL
Uncommitted

Eric - A new name to Tech fans is David Sharpe...the 5* (according to 247 sports) recently come and said that Georgia Tech will get a official visit from him. Despite him saying that I do not expect him to visit the Flats. This looks to be a Georgia - Florida battle.

Eric's Prediction - Florida
Confidence level - 5%

GTDrew - Factory bound, could be a nice surprise.
Confidence level - 30 to 40%

John - FSU​

Jimmy Bayes - ATH
South Florida Commit

The talented Florida prospect recently visited Georgia Tech for the Syracuse game and spent the night in Atlanta. Bayes had a really good time at the game and was impressed by the defense. However what stood out to him the most was the big city of Atlanta. Bayes has said that he will take all 5 of his official visits...Auburn is one to watch here in my mind. Georgia Tech likes him at OLB or DE if he bulks up.

Eric's Prediction - Auburn
Confidence level - 25%

GTDrew - If he gets in, I think he is a take. Good player, would make a difference early.
Confidence level - 60 to 70%

John - USF​

Mike Rogers - ATH
Central Florida Commit

Rogers is starting to bust onto the recruiting scene and is getting his due as a great player. Georgia Tech recently offered and he likes the Jackets a lot. He has said his dream school is Ohio State and not long ago OSU pulled the trigger and offered him. Rogers could be a A-back or DB at Georgia Tech..this is a blue chip guy in my eyes. Look for him to take another visit to Georgia Tech this weekend and that visit will tell us a lot going forward. One thing to watch here is who Ohio State lands the rest of the cycle. Also Georgia is looking hard at him.

Eric's prediction - Georgia Tech
Confidence level - 60%

GTDrew - Ohio State IMO.
Confidence level - 10%

John - Ohio State​

Shai McKenzie - RB
Uncommitted

McKenzie entered the 2014 recruiting cycle as one of the elite level running backs in this class and was easily regarded as a top 250 player by every site. With his recent ACL injury he has seen his stock drop quite a bit. Shai named Florida State his leader during the Summer but they have since backed off..Since then he named VT his leader but it seems that he is more interested in VT than they are him. Pittsburgh has stayed in the race and quietly are sitting in a good spot. He will take all of his official visits and the Jackets will be getting one...If Georgia Tech wants to get Shai they will have to really impress during that time. His decision wont be too long away as he will enroll early at whatever school he decides to attend. I have also heard that Chris James is leaning toward Pitt...If he commits this could have a impact on Shai. I would look for Shai to take his official to GT in mid December.

Eric's prediction - Pitt
Confidence level - 30%

GTDrew - If he were coming, he would have committed already. Pitt keeps him in state.
Confidence level - 25%

John - FSU​

Myles Autry - RB
Uncommitted

What a whirlwind his recruitment has been...Autry was one of the elite playmakers in the South and had his pick of schools. Sadly he suffered a serious injury and this set back his recruitment big time. Autry came back when the season started but was clearly not himself and was a non factor on the field. He has been sitting out lately and trying to get back to 100%. A lot of schools are waiting to see what happens with him. I really have no clue where he winds up at this point but I know FSU has stayed in contact.

Eric's prediction - FSU
Confidence level - 10%

GTDrew - GT seems to have cooled on him, he might not be a take.
Confidence level - 30%

John - Ohio State​

Allen Artis - DB
UNC Commit

Coaches have been high on Artis since the start of the 2014 cycle...Georgia Tech has stayed in contact and are trying to get him on campus for a official visit later this year.
Eric's prediction - UNC
Confidence level - 15%

GTDrew - Hear our staff wants him pretty bad. I think he flips to either us or Vandy.
Confidence level - 30%

John - UNC​

Melvin Keihn - LB
Uncommitted

Georgia Tech has been trying to get Keihn on campus for quite sometime but have failed to do so at this point. He has taken an official visit to UVA and will be at Maryland this weekend. He has another OV set to VT and is lining one up for Penn State. The last OV is coming down to GT, Miami, BC and Rutgers. Keihn has VT as his leader but the Penn State offer really grabbed his attention. I think it will come down to those two schools.

Eric's Prediction - VT
Confidence level - 10%

GTDrew - Longshot. V Tech is his leader.
Confidence level - Less than 10%

John - Va Tech.​

Kentavious Street - DE
Uncommitted

A name that his been on the board for awhile now but has never been on campus. Nc State is the favorite for him and they have been throughout most of the process. The Jackets are working to get him on campus and I would not be shocked to see him take a official visit here. I think State wins out in the long run.

Eric's Prediction - Nc State
Confidence level - 10%

GTDrew - No chance. Factory bound.
Confidence level - 0%

John - Nc State​

Donte Thomas-Williams - RB
Uncommitted

This talented running back attends the high school of current Tech QB Vad Lee, GT has been in the race for him but never in his top group per say. He has taken a few visits to West Virginia and has a close friend that is committed there. They are the presumed favorite at this time...Florida State will also get one of his official visits. Clemson is another school that he likes a lot but they do not have room for him. He has told the Georgia Tech coaches they he will without a doubt take a official visit to the Flats. I really think we may see us jump in the game at that point.

Eric's prediction - WVU
Confidence level - 35%

John - WVU​

Montae Nicholson - DB
Uncommitted

Montae has mentioned Georgia Tech almost every time he is asked about his top group of schools but has yet to show his face on campus. He has used three official visits already on Michigan State, Florida State and Pitt. He will use a fourth one this weekend at Oregon. The fifth official visit will end up going to Penn State if I had to guess.

Eric's Projection - Pitt
Confidence level - 5%

GTDrew - Good chance. Wants to be here. Oregon tough competiton.
Confidence level - 50%
John - Pitt​

Ja'Merez Bowen - OL
Uncommitted

Is a backup option just in case something happens with one of the lineman that are currently committed. He will be taking a official visit to Cincy soon and I would not be shocked to see him commit during that time.

Eric's Projection - Cincy
Confidence level - 5%

GTDrew - May not be a take with numbers at OL.
Confidence level - 10%

John - Cincy​

Last edited by a moderator:

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
Eric, I like the feature. Two things though, neither of which have anything to do with the information...

1. I see what you are trying to do with the Aritcles and Interviews section, but I think you would get much more debate or conversation here if this were just posted in the Football or Recruiting Sections.

2. From a formatting perspective, perhaps you could bold the players names to give a little delineation to each individual.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Eric, I like the feature. Two things though, neither of which have anything to do with the information...

1. I see what you are trying to do with the Aritcles and Interviews section, but I think you would get much more debate or conversation here if this were just posted in the Football or Recruiting Sections.

2. From a formatting perspective, perhaps you could bold the players names to give a little delineation to each individual.

1. I agree. I started to post it in that section.

2. Agree again...and I would have but I posted this all from Mobile so I didn't feel like doing all that extra work haha.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
FYI: if USC(west) offers Jimmy then I would put my money on them. He raved about them on many levels in my interview and I have seen the same type of things in other interviews. I kinda got the feeling that USC is his dream school or somewhat on that level.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I think we get Myles if we do not get Rogers but not sure if they don't go after someone else. I really hope we get Owens because we need pass rushers.

I am not sure where I like Rogers better at..He is a really good safety as well.

Owens is a good one. Hope we find room.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Saw Mike in person and I could see him being either Orwin or Jemea which sounds crazy but he is just a baller.

Yeah. Just really hope we can land him.

I think we will learn that this weekend. This weekend is a huge visit as Mom is coming along. Have to impress her.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This is an absolutely awesome addition to the site. Thank you and great work everyone. There's nothing I can add to the discussion but it's exactly the type of information I want in a recruiting site.

I agree with mts315... Even with hints of the new recruiting feature I never thought to check the Interviews section. I visit the site a couple times a day and it wasn't until this visit that I saw new info in this forum.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Appreciate the write-up for sure. Like others, it took a reminder in the recruiting section for me to find this area of the site.

Hoping we pick up Pittman, Owens and Rogers somehow. There'll be attrition I'm sure (there always is) so we should end up with room.

The last 2 years' classes have been excellent (relatively speaking). I have a feeling we'll be seeing improvement in the coming years as a result.

Where's Louisville on Bayes' list? I read on the USF board (IIRC) he had some interest there.