GT Swarm - Competitive Drive Donation

I donated . . .

• Total voters

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I have heard we were approaching 4M (plus the 3.5 Match) this last week, so would bet we will come out around 7.5M Total. Pretty good haul for the holidays.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Wonder how many on here have season tickets?

I donated, but felt like buying season tickets again was sort of a bigger thing, the money plus putting our butts in seats.

I often get free tickets to various boxes through my network and donating on the academic side, so it was easy to skip season tickets recently (plus expression of disgust with previous HC).

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
So this pays off Collins contract? I would hope we would stretch out his buyout with inflation running so high, it will lower the value of his buyout over time.

slugboy

Staff member
So this pays off Collins contract?
I believe Collins has $11 mil, but that’s going off of memory.

I believe I saw in a Suguira article around the time of the firing that some bigger $$ boosters had put together the buyout, but I haven’t seen that much since then. Either way, money that goes to the buyout won’t be going to other things.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I believe Collins has $11 mil, but that’s going off of memory.

I believe I saw in a Suguira article around the time of the firing that some bigger $$ boosters had put together the buyout, but I haven’t seen that much since then. Either way, money that goes to the buyout won’t be going to other things.
My recollection is that he is not to be paid in a lump sum, but rather in installments over the remaining years on his contract. Similar to how we would have paid his salary if he wasn't terminated.

Edit to add: This approach obviously improves our cash flow situation over what we would have experienced had we been required to make a lump sum payment. I also recall we renegotiated Hewitt's payout to stretch payments over a longer term.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
My recollection is that he is not to be paid in a lump sum, but rather in installments over the remaining years on his contract. Similar to how we would have paid his salary if he wasn't terminated.

Edit to add: This approach obviously improves our cash flow situation over what we would have experienced had we been required to make a lump sum payment. I also recall we renegotiated Hewitt's payout to stretch payments over a longer term.
Hmmm. That just says that I have to (once again) put a good bottle of bourbon or scotch on the shelf, to save for the day we are no longer paying ”that guy” not to coach for us.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

Full Release. Net of it, is that the initiative drove over $9.5M in funding from the donors (1,700 donors contributed) and match from the GT Foundation. Which means, for those of you paying attention, that the match covered more than the original $2.5M goal, then the $3.5M extension, and continued to match the last dollar donated of $4.8M+ raised.

#CommitmentMade

Last edited:

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

( Sent from AJC News )

How dare this J guy comes in and releases news when it should be released. Who does he thinks he is?! This is Georgia Tech and we don't do it this way.....

Holy crap I love our new AD! Feels like there is a breath of fresh air in the building! Go Tech! Way to start the year out right!

GT33

Helluva Engineer

( Sent from AJC News )

How dare this J guy comes in and releases news when it should be released. Who does he thinks he is?! This is Georgia Tech and we don't do it this way.....

Holy crap I love our new AD! Feels like there is a breath of fresh air in the building! Go Tech! Way to start the year out right!
Helps when you put a good plan together & it results in success. Compare that to Sasquatch and the guy after that.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Wonder how many on here have season tickets?

I donated, but felt like buying season tickets again was sort of a bigger thing, the money plus putting our butts in seats.

I often get free tickets to various boxes through my network and donating on the academic side, so it was easy to skip season tickets recently (plus expression of disgust with previous HC).
We buy a pair in the UE every year

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Same, I didn't bother with tickets last year. I 'knew' it was going to be another 3 win season of TFG coached the whole season. A bunch of my 2021 tickets went to waste because I had other obligations and no one wanted them. Figured if I was wrong, I could buy some single games. (Which I ended up doing after the coaching change.) I will be buying season tickets again this season to support the program and hopefully watch some fun football.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
You know, we always all talk about how Tech doesn't have money. But every time we launch a well thought out fundraising initiative, we exceed the goals. (I do get that's intentional -setting achievable goals.) But I definitely feel like Tech has done a worse job asking for money than the community has done giving what's asked. Hopefully, under PAC and ADJB that will improve.