GT Special Teams Versus MSU

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
a downside to having a great Offense,the punter forgets how to punt
You might intend to be facetious, but the more I think about it there might be just a grain of truth to that. Not in the mechanics, but facing that disciplined rush to get the kick off. I did it in HS, and one has to steel himself to stay calm and follow his routine. Getting face planted and hearing your team cheer because you "drew" a roughing call and a first down? You kinda remember after you have had to snap your legs back on once or twice. So, yeah, I could see how doing it more prepares you better.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
You might intend to be facetious, but the more I think about it there might be just a grain of truth to that. Not in the mechanics, but facing that disciplined rush to get the kick off. I did it in HS, and one has to steel himself to stay calm and follow his routine. Getting face planted and hearing your team cheer because you "drew" a roughing call and a first down? You kinda remember after you have had to snap your legs back on once or twice. So, yeah, I could see how doing it more prepares you better.
actually,he can get "stale" with no activity just

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
actually,he can get "stale" with no activity just
In a story I do not repeat often, I became the punter when our regular kicker moved up a step for the snap and combined with a sophomore blocker getting driven back into him, whom he kicked in the rear end. It got worse. He quit the team because people laughed. After the season he came out for basketball. He was a decent player, a letterman, but the coach was also a football assistant with a long memory. He wouldn't let him practice, figuring anybody who quit once would again. Made the administrators unhappy but the basketball players loved it. Besides, it was funny.