GT - PITT Prediction Thread

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Will not predict score since I thought we would beat Dook and NC but if and I know nothing about this,Pitt has big DL and no linebacker speed they will be in for a long day.....if they can stop the pitch we may have a tuff tuff time.....I predict a win of seven to ten points.

Not arguing with your prediction but I'm not sure I would use this as a main point of defense. VT "only" rushed for 127 against our D. And that was before there top RBs started dropping like flies. As I type this, VT has amassed -13 yds rushing closing in on halftime (UM has the ball 1st down with under 1 minute left). And that's against the same UM defense that we ran for 318 against.

You seem to be casting aspersions on our defense. :)

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
The last two weeks I've predicted wins. I didn't make a prediction against Miami and I predicted a loss against VT (and was overly excited to eat crow on that one). What I've noticed about our team is that we struggle terribly against the hunh offenses. I haven't watched much of Pitt but I don't recall them being hunh. With that being said I think they will move the ball on us..... Heck everyone pretty much has this season but I also don't see them dropping over 30 on us either. With that being said not many have seemed to mention the level of comfort JT has with ZL as his B back either. That could possibly be the X factor right there. JT and ZL have been working together for a while now, hope that we don't have problems with the mesh as that could make for a long day. In our O it all starts right there. If they take away the dive I think we have the speed to punish them on the edge.... Another fact (one that I don't like) two seasons in a row we've had 3 game losing streaks ouch! I'm hoping that doesn't happen this season. After all that, I have no clue.... Screw it 31-28 good guys!! THWG

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
After wanting to drop kick my tv at the end of last week's game, I've decided to just record this week's game, get out of the house, check the score once I know it's over and then decide if I want to watch it. The last 2 weeks have felt like a gut punch to our season.

I have no idea what this game is gonna look but I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO confidence in our defense to slow them down. At this point, I have very little confidence in our coaching staff to fix it. I hope hope hope we get back in the Win column.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I predict if we do not get a W then the wheels will fall off and this season is going to hell real quick. We are going to find out what this team is made of Saturday.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
No idea but their defense is solid and their offense can run the ball. Sounds like a bad combo to me. We've lost 2 in a row so according to coach we aren't a good team. We need a win badly but I have no idea. I hope we win. 27-23 jackets.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
35-21 Pitt
Tech's offense will play well, but the defensive scheme won't change. I hope I'm wrong, but Roof doesn't seem to see how our gigantic cushion and allowing the opposing team to pick up five yard completions on every other down can hurt us.