GT - ND kickoff time announced

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
My wife likes Lou Malnati's better than Giordano's (too salty for me). Giordano's is a little commercial now and has the reputation. Lou's and Gino's East are where to go for the touristy-less touristy deep dish.

Personally, I prefer No-Man's-Land Pizza. A slice of NY style Heaven straight from the ovens of Pepi's in New Haven.
I would do Lou Malnati's over Giordano's any day. But in my opinion, the best place is Pequod's - absolutely fantastic.

As for the best places around Wrigley Field - there are TONS of bars/restaurants on Clark Street right outside the stadium. It's all pretty much bar food, but a crazy awesome environment, especially when the Cards are in town.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Ha-ha. I was in Chicago for a convention years ago and we went to some place that my wife had researched that was supposed to be Chicago's best pizza place. Do not remember the name, just remember that it had other Italian dishes too and it was supposed to be the place that Oprah always went to for deep dish pizza. Anyway, my wife and I ordered a pizza, took about four or five bite of our first slice and were instantly stuffed. Most filling pizza I have ever had and a meal that was over with in about 15 minutes. I have eaten at UNOs and did not find it to be quite as filling.

decatur jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
thanks... nice to know this far in advance. flight and hotel booked, just need tix from GTAA.
I asked my personal contact at GTAA last week and he said he did not know. I think I need a new personal contact...

I talked to the AA on Friday and was told we are waiting on ND to release our allotment. Was unsure of exactly when that would happen, but season ticket holders would get an email for first crack at tickets.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I was told pretty much the same by the ticket office today. Said they are waiting for ND on pricing. Was noncommittal on number available upon release and unable to give an eta on the release date. But confirmed season tix holders will be emailed first.

decatur jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Any idea on student tickets?

Been too long since I was a student, so I didn't think to ask... I'd imagine there will be some sort of allotment that will require students to camp out in the rain if they want them that bad. (At least, this is the way it would have been when I was there--its probably an online thing now. Lazy kids. ;))

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Does anybody know the max allotment for away tickets for season ticket holders?

Also, is anybody who's a) a season ticket holder, and b) not going to the game, willing to let me buy tickets through you? I used to be a season ticket holder when I lived in Atlanta, I just live too far away now to justify only going to a couple games a year.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Does anybody know the max allotment for away tickets for season ticket holders?

Also, is anybody who's a) a season ticket holder, and b) not going to the game, willing to let me buy tickets through you? I used to be a season ticket holder when I lived in Atlanta, I just live too far away now to justify only going to a couple games a year.

I may be of service to you. Message me about it.

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm airbnb'ing a house in South Bend on Saturday. I can't wait!
We're gonna stay in the city bc we've never been to Chi, but there's a little lake-front cottage on AirBNB for $200 per night that's tempting. Sleeps 6... total for 4 people, 3 nights for under $800.