GT - ND kickoff time announced

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Not sure what the visitor total allotment is, but should be able to get tickets with a decent A-T standing. We went the last two trips and really enjoyed it -- great atmosphere and fans. Highly recommend it if you haven't been.

Last time, we stayed in Chicago and made a nice full Labor Day weekend trip. The Cubs are hosting Cardinals that weekend, so good opportunity to catch Friday or Sunday game.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Was hoping we would be their one night game but oh well. Plan on going with my dad. Very excited, just waiting for them to tell us tickets are available.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
When I asked a few weeks ago, ticket office said they want to put them all on sale at once (which makes sense). They were waiting for all the schools to submit specifics to GT, so it wasn't a matter of holding them for an arbitrary date or anything like that.

We've had some great road trip cities recently: New Orleans, Pittsburgh, SLC/Provo. Looking forward to South Bend and Miami in 2015.

It's usually easy to find out the team hotel and where they'll arrive/depart at the stadium. I know it means a lot to the coaches and players to see and hear our fans on the road. One of the cooler things last season was being able to high-five the guys as the left the field at Tulane and walked through the concourse as they went to the locker room.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe someone from the Windy City can let us know where to go for the best pizza and other traditional joints to grab some great grub while enjoying the ambiance before going to see the game in South Bend.

I was told when I renewed my season ticket that road games will be available some time in June.
That's what I was afraid of. I will be out of the country the entire month of June. Depending on email availability, that shouldn't matter, but I would prefer to be in this country when I order. I just hope the deadline to order goes into July.

Jacketfish

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe someone from the Windy City can let us know where to go for the best pizza and other traditional joints to grab some great grub while enjoying the ambiance before going to see the game in South Bend.

UNOs, Gino's, and even Giordanos have amazing deep dish.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Giordano's is my favorite Chicago pizza, don't live there but have family and visit at least every year. There are so many good ones though so it all comes down to personal preference (Uno/Due are very popular, as is Geno's east).
Edit: if you want Uno you have to go to the original downtown location, or Due is the same place right across the street. The UNOs Chicago Grill chain is a terrible bastardized version of the original.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
@ deeeznutz and jacketfish: This is what I really appreciate about the Yellow Jackets fan base is there are always folks who have been to these spots for some good food in different cities. Thanks again for the information and I'll be hitting a few of those pizza joints.

Also, what about the best places around Wrigley Field to eat as I will go to a Friday Cubs game too? Thanks again!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
My wife likes Lou Malnati's better than Giordano's (too salty for me). Giordano's is a little commercial now and has the reputation. Lou's and Gino's East are where to go for the touristy-less touristy deep dish.

Personally, I prefer No-Man's-Land Pizza. A slice of NY style Heaven straight from the ovens of Pepi's in New Haven.