GT - Miami predictions

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
I predict 24-21 win by us.

350-400 yards of total offense with 200-250 vards via rushing the ball and 150-200 yards from passing the ball. I think we can hit a couple of big plays in the passing game and take advantage of the young CBs on Miami.

I will also do my part and not watch this game.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Looking at Miami..They have really improved.

Curtis Porter is a flat out beast at DT and he is going to cause us problems...We have to handle him better than Hopkins.

Denzel Perryman is a playmaker at LB...Great player. Has a nose for the football.

Tyriq McCord seems to have made a big jump at LB.

Chickilo is a stud at DE.

On offense we know what Morris brings to the field. He is a good quarterback and if he gets in a rhythm he will eat you up. Has a great deep ball.

Duke Johnson is a homerun threat everytime he touches the ball...Although he has had a problem with fumbling this year. He is averaging 6.3 yards a carry.

Dallas Crawford is one to lookout for at RB...Has a lot of talent and Miami has been using him more lately.

They have a very balanced WR core with a few good WR's...Herb Waters, Phillip Dorsett, Allen Hurns and Stacy Coley.

The OL is huge..the smallest guy is 6'4 296 and he is a hell of a player. Henderson has struggled at time at tackle.

Our OL is going to have to perform at a high level if we want to win this game...Finch or someone up front is going to have to keep Porter in check. The GT offense can't afford silly mistakes, turnovers and things to simply beat ourselves. Basically we have to play the complete opposite of the way we did last week.

The defense is going to have a hand full with this offense...I am excited to see where our defense is at against a good offense.

Even though everything I have seen from film suggest that Miami should beat GT...I simply can't pick the Canes to win. Maybe it's just a gut feel but I think the offense goes in and plays very well.

GT 35 - Miami 31

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I honestly don't know what to expect from either team. Miami has looked good so far this year, I just don't think they've actually played anybody. I'll say that CPJ takes this GT team "to war" and wins 35-31 in a thriller with a defensive stand led by Jabari Hunt-Days and possibly a Jemea Thomas INT to end the game.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I honestly don't know what to expect from either team. Miami has looked good so far this year, I just don't think they've actually played anybody. I'll say that CPJ takes this GT team "to war" and wins 35-31 in a thriller with a defensive stand led by Jabari Hunt-Days and possibly a Jemea Thomas INT to end the game.
Looking at their schedule, I realized that I forgot they played Florida. Personally, I think Florida has been overrated the last couple years, since they have no offense whatsoever. I actually think their offense will improve w/out Driskel at QB. Anyway, my prediction stays the same. Go Jackets! Ramble on!

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I've watched Miami a couple of times. To me, we are not a good match up for them. Their offensive line is huge and quick. They have a staple of fast wide receivers and a solid backfield. Our defense will have to play lights out to hold them under 20 points. For us to win they will have to turn the ball over multiple times.

Their defense, somewhat like VT, seems to have learned how to stop us. We cannot play like we did against VT or we will get blown out. The other factor that weighs in here is our mindset against Miami. It seems we have lost our belief that we can beat them.

Rolling all that into my current thinking, I predict a Miami victory 28 to 17.

I hope I'm wrong.

Go Jackets!

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
ACC road game against an improved, athletic team.......I think we lose a close one by 3 points......34-31 bad guys.

I hate myself for that prediction.....

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I've been pretty good at this, I start with this Da U will not score more than 24. Duke is a beast but he wasnt the guy that hurt last year, it actually Mike James tough running. We will keep Duke in check.

Miami D is strong but I think they are not as good in the back end as years past. Hope we take advantage of that Smelter vs Crawford match up.

The key for us is putting pressure on Morris (duh). Yes we are young on the back end with DJ White, Milton, Noble and Smith but we are going to have to bring 5, 6, maybe even 7. Hitting Morris and making him move off his spot on that gimpy leg is essential to us winning.

My score 28-24 GT

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I've been pretty good at this, I start with this Da U will not score more than 24. Duke is a beast but he wasnt the guy that hurt last year, it actually Mike James tough running. We will keep Duke in check.

Miami D is strong but I think they are not as good in the back end as years past. Hope we take advantage of that Smelter vs Crawford match up.

The key for us is putting pressure on Morris (duh). Yes we are young on the back end with DJ White, Milton, Noble and Smith but we are going to have to bring 5, 6, maybe even 7. Hitting Morris and making him move off his spot on that gimpy leg is essential to us winning.

My score 28-24 GT
I'm with you one the comment about Duke. The fast guys don't worry me as much as the tough runners do

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I will get flamed for this, 35-17 Miami. Chickillo will kill our Tackle and cause havok with our pitches. LIke Eric said their DT is going to be tough, and make life miserable for VAd. I don't think our Offense is going to have a good day.

On the flip side

Their Offense line is Huge and I mean Huge, I am pretty sure they will out weight us by atleast 40 pounds per person. Duke will simply wait behind these guys and hit the holes when they open. I think Duke will have a big day, which will open up their pass. I actually like our corners against their WR's but I think Roof will have our guys cheat because we are getting beat by the run.

I do hope I am wrong and that Tech wins on saturday, but I think the chances of that happenings aren't very high.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
What do I WANT the score to be? 42-0 GT.

What do I THINK it will be? 42-17 Miami. I think they'll do the same thing that VT did and jump the snap count between the center and the guards on both sides. If we stay with the huge splits like we did vs VT this year and every other year, we're screwed.

Miami's defense is big and fast. Maybe not as talented as Virginia Tech's but their offense is immensely more talented than Virginia Tech's.

This is one case where I would LOVE to be wrong though.