GT @ Louisville

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT #11, Louiseville #41 this morning in RPI. http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2015/rpi

After an awful start, they won a series with Miami, swept BC and swept ND. Here's the record and you can see the rankings of the teams they played ...... http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2015/schedule/Louisville

I actually like playing a hot team like this rather than UNC who was due for some wins. Hope for us to win the series. I'll be ATL this weekend (daughter getting PhD) and hopefully able to watch Saturday's game ........

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I hear they will all be on ESPN3. I also hear it is expected to be COLD in Kentucky, with the temps in the high 40's and 50's for these games. I am wondering how that will affect us? I have always heard that cold weather favors pitchers, but have no idea why that would be the case, to tell the truth.

I have absolutely, positively, NO idea what to expect this weekend. But hope springs eternal, so I am hoping for a series win. :)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
King is a game college pitcher, but is simply no match for Funkhauser (or whatever his name is).

Our best hope is Saturday or Sunday.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
When you walk 10 Louisville hitters and throw at least 2 WP's in the first 4 innings, you simply give the game away.

Very sad, as I think if we pitched the way Louisville pitches, we would win this game. Their hitting is not all that good, BUT we insist on giving the game to them.

I have really lost patience with the coaching of our pitching.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am seriously hoping the Cole Pitts experiment is over. Danny Hall owes the rest of the team and us fans to put his bets guys out there, and any pitcher who walks 5 out of 10 batters is NOT worth keeping in the weekend rotation.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Didn't watch the game and don't want to. Day full of beer, wine and tacos. Maybe we win one tomorrow; regardless, we lost the series. Pitching ............ nothing good to say from Pitts. I left after L'ville stuck out 3 and Pitts had walked 3....... we are boys playing against men sometimes.

Hopefully we make the ACC tourney and can make a run. We are going to be playing in I think.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Another good day to miss GT baseball. Next UGAg. Let's get back on track and start a run.

I heard the score today from my wife and said, "No that was Friday's score ..... " Damn. The only thing I'm going to say and not look at any stats is that I think we'll be in the top 7-10 of the ACC. We obviously were owned and abused this weekend. But that's over. Hope Kel gets back soon, averaging <2 runs a game sucks. A lot of credit probably goes to Louisville - 11-1 in ACC ain't all luck.