GT Logo Usage

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
You may have noticed that the site logo now does not include the official GT logos. Two weeks ago when Eric and I decided to partner up and start this site, we wanted to do everything "by the book" so that we are not doing anything against GT's own policies.

So we looked up the licensing requirements and found that GT does allow usage of the official logos for non-commercial use just as long as they approve and give us permission. So I went ahead and emailed the licensing department two weeks ago and haven't heard back.

For right now, I've decided to remove the official GT logos since we weren't approved (yet? *crossing fingers*) to use it in the first place.

As a backup plan, if anyone wants to create a logo for the site or know someone that can, please let us know here.

Or better yet, if anyone has any connections with the GT licensing department... :D

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I've dealt with them before and they are notoriously slow.

I'm fine with them being slow but other than the out of office auto-reply I received, I've gotten no human reply. Understandably, this shouldn't really a high-priority thing for them and it's not really a big deal even though I'd love to be able to use the official logos.