GT just won a couple National Championships, did you know?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
No doubt this is a #GT thing - though drone racing may not be such a bad thing to publicize- remember Shaq came here partly because he liked rebuilding computers.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
here is the classic GT fan and GTAA conundrum....did we win these and our AA do a miserable job of getting the word out to the handful of us Tech fans? Or did we win these natties precisely because they do NOT fall under the jurisdiction of our AA? ;)

slugboy

Staff member
How do the military academies not win the shooting sports (skeet, etc.)? The AFA is right in the mountains—they should own biathalon.

Hat’s off to Utah for winning climbing (they should).

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
How do the military academies not win the shooting sports (skeet, etc.)? The AFA is right in the mountains—they should own biathalon.

I can not argue wih the meat judging champions. Sure, they were under the radar (remember the Ocho saying that the Iowa State Cyclones and the Nebraska-Kearney Titmouses as being the only two teams who would even sniff a championship given their respective rosters of returning 4 and 5 star meat judgers. Their seemingly endless NIL pockets at these two prestigious universities?? Goes to show you want a bunch of hungry 2 and 3 stars can do with proper coaching. If we were smart, and I know we are not, we would purchase the movie rights to this outright. This feels a lot like the ultimate sports underdog movie of all time.

Cricket?? I thought Wisconsin-Stevens Point and Oberlin were clearly the teams to beat this year. WVU wasn't even on my radar. Just goes to show you why I don't bet on sports. The human condition is beyond prediction (whenever Nick Saban isn't involved).

Who do you like for badmiton next year? if you sleep on Harvey Mudd or Bowdoin I think you will regret that decision my friend. Care to wager?

slugboy

Staff member
I can not argue wih the meat judging champions. Sure, they were under the radar (remember the Ocho saying that the Iowa State Cyclones and the Nebraska-Kearney Titmouses as being the only two teams who would even sniff a championship given their respective rosters of returning 4 and 5 star meat judgers. Their seemingly endless NIL pockets at these two prestigious universities?? Goes to show you want a bunch of hungry 2 and 3 stars can do with proper coaching. If we were smart, and I know we are not, we would purchase the movie rights to this outright. This feels a lot like the ultimate sports underdog movie of all time.

Cricket?? I thought Wisconsin-Stevens Point and Oberlin were clearly the teams to beat this year. WVU wasn't even on my radar. Just goes to show you why I don't bet on sports. The human condition is beyond prediction (whenever Nick Saban isn't involved).

Who do you like for badmiton next year? if you sleep on Harvey Mudd or Bowdoin I think you will regret that decision my friend. Care to wager?
I have always bet Oberlin for badminton. Harvey Mudd is my horseshoes school.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Just a guess but would olympic hopefuls for those sports avoid the academies in general?

Does the Air Force do sniper training? I thought that was more of an Army/Marines/Navy Seals kinda thing. And Colorado Springs isn't a big ski resort area. Those are more north and west of the Springs area.