GT in Barclays Center Classic

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Gentlemen, We are NOT an athletic team. With this bunch we would have pretty good back in the early 80's. Carter is the kind of talent back then, and thats that folks!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't disagree jayparr re. our collective athleticism. However, there are many teams who win big without being super athletic. Many of us panned our prior regime for being too athlete-heavy. No need to rehash that discussion though.

My point is it's not the lack of athletes that bothers me, it's the stagnate "offense" and slow in-game responses that I can't stand.

We need Carter and MGH to lead us but both look lost. Everybody else just seems to be taking turns shooting. After a while the defense just erodes as shots fail to fall.

Gregory's gotta get 'em going.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Ugly just turned uglier. That stretch of basketball in the second half of the St. Johns game was very...how shall I say it..."Hewitt-esque." Bad fouls, bad shots, bad turnovers. 20 turnovers. 30 fouls. 11 minutes without a field goal. 11 minutes! You cannot have an 11 minutes without a field goal and have any chance to win.

However, we did play some good ball in the first half and we were actually making our outside shots. It looked good...for a while. But to completely fold like that in the second half showed some real issues (the biggest question--is it talent?). The season is long and I haven't given up hope yet, but we need to get things turned around quick. This is not the start to the season we needed.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
check the star rankings of our players.... We throw away more talent than UGA does at football, and that is saying something.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
No, hes got time. He just got another year added on last week. M Bob likes him.

IMHO that extension was more about recruiting than a vote of confidence. Having a coach with a 3yr deal is fodder for negative recruiting IIUC.

If we have another year like the last I think CBG is in some real trouble. I gotta remind myself which money comes off the books and when though.