GT Hoops General Topics

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
No he did not. It was part of the "temperature gauging" Batt did months before deciding to let Pastner go. He already has $$$ commitments from some donors.

I'll believe it when I see it. We haven't been anything but cheap for basketball or football since God knows when.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I'll believe it when I see it. We haven't been anything but cheap for basketball or football since God knows when.
I do believe Batt has added several brand new positions to the football staff since he was hired. Is that not proof? If we can agree that it is, why not believe he will do the same for basketball?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I understand the cynicism. Well warranted. But there is a new sheriff in town. Let us hope.

The proof is in the presser for Stoudamire. If you read between the lines, NIL $$$ being available for Stoudamire was one of things Batt and Cabrera sold Stoudamire on. Stoudamire wasn't shy about talking about it, and Cabrera wasn't shy saying he wanted an AD that would embrace NIL and get the ball moving building GT's NIL program. Enter Batt. He's been relentless with touching base with donors, building up the donor base outside of the "old guard". They are also working on revenue streams that make GT less dependent our donors who come with some baggage. (Just see the search for our FB HC for an example of the strings some donors attach to their $$$).

It's not a coincidence that Collins and Pastner were both fired around the time our NIL program was getting started. I think a LOT of decision makers and donors wanted a fresh start with our flagship programs before investing big NIL$$$ into a coach.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The proof is in the presser for Stoudamire. If you read between the lines, NIL $$$ being available for Stoudamire was one of things Batt and Cabrera sold Stoudamire on. Stoudamire wasn't shy about talking about it, and Cabrera wasn't shy saying he wanted an AD that would embrace NIL and get the ball moving building GT's NIL program. Enter Batt. He's been relentless with touching base with donors, building up the donor base outside of the "old guard". They are also working on revenue streams that make GT less dependent our donors who come with some baggage. (Just see the search for our FB HC for an example of the strings some donors attach to their $$$).

It's not a coincidence that Collins and Pastner were both fired around the time our NIL program was getting started. I think a LOT of decision makers and donors wanted a fresh start with our flagship programs before investing big NIL$$$ into a coach.
And that all makes perfect sense. Even someone marginally conversant with what’s happened the last few years should be able to sense that something new and fresh is happening.