GT Hoops General Topics

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Before we jump on the "fire Beard" bandwagon, let's remember what the early press looked like in Bell v Pastner. Let's give this a little time to let more details come out before this takes on an internet life of its own.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Before we jump on the "fire Beard" bandwagon, let's remember what the early press looked like in Bell v Pastner. Let's give this a little time to let more details come out before this takes on an internet life of its own.

I feel like you didn't read my post ....

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Just a general hoops topic, TX coach Chris Beard arrested for domestic assault .....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/texas-...ested-and-charged-with-assault-142738791.html

... file it under 'not a good look, on any level' while we wait for the facts to come out.

There is apparently some kind of audio that he will be using in his defense. What is on that audio I do not know but its doubtful that he will be completely vindicated. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
off topic here but has anyone seen a vendor selling area rugs of the GT floor with Cremins court on it? I’m looking to finish out the cave and the only one I found had a black border and hardwood that doesn’t look the same. I’d rather have it look like the actual floor.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure I did that right, but this may be an option for you.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
off topic here but has anyone seen a vendor selling area rugs of the GT floor with Cremins court on it? I’m looking to finish out the cave and the only one I found had a black border and hardwood that doesn’t look the same. I’d rather have it look like the actual floor.

Thanks in advance.
Actually, this one doesn’t have Cremins Court on it. My bad!

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
After looking through the schedule, I think this team could be an NIT team or even on the bubble. We're actually only one win away from where I thought we would need to be right now. Typically I'm a pessimist, but I'd love to see the boys dancing again. Even an NIT birth would probably bode well for next years team. If we beat Utah we're probably on a path to being a bubble team and would only have losses to 3 solid teams, so that one hurt. Need to win at least 9 ACC games to be an NIT team, which I think would put us at 17-14. We probably need 12 to be on the bubble, which would put us at 20-11. Is it possible, or are we missing too much down low? Pastner's first year we went 8-10 in the ACC and had the NIT run. It feels like this team might be similar.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
After looking through the schedule, I think this team could be an NIT team or even on the bubble. We're actually only one win away from where I thought we would need to be right now. Typically I'm a pessimist, but I'd love to see the boys dancing again. Even an NIT birth would probably bode well for next years team. If we beat Utah we're probably on a path to being a bubble team and would only have losses to 3 solid teams, so that one hurt. Need to win at least 9 ACC games to be an NIT team, which I think would put us at 17-14. We probably need 12 to be on the bubble, which would put us at 20-11. Is it possible, or are we missing too much down low? Pastner's first year we went 8-10 in the ACC and had the NIT run. It feels like this team might be similar.
Yep. Post play seems to hold this team back. Fix that and outside shooters would have more time to find their rhythm.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Got to the UMD/UMBC game this evening while visiting family. For others who complain about our attendance, check out this photo from a minute and a half before tip off.
F49E2B7F-C2A1-4574-96EC-E9A1198BAC80.jpeg

It filled in throughout the first half though. I know it’s non-conf and winter break but it was a very quiet arena. There isn’t enough luxury seating to feel like an NBA arena but I’m not fond of these 17k person college venues. It’s better than a Georgetown game at Capital One Arena though. I definitely take for granted how cramped the sidelines are/how on top of the action you are at McCamish. Their student section behind the hoop is a 35 degree slope due to constructing that side of the arena around a hill.

83A21108-16C5-470B-B8AC-4DFDA35FDB2C.jpeg

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Got to the UMD/UMBC game this evening while visiting family. For others who complain about our attendance, check out this photo from a minute and a half before tip off.
View attachment 13863

It filled in throughout the first half though. I know it’s non-conf and winter break but it was a very quiet arena. There isn’t enough luxury seating to feel like an NBA arena but I’m not fond of these 17k person college venues. It’s better than a Georgetown game at Capital One Arena though. I definitely take for granted how cramped the sidelines are/how on top of the action you are at McCamish. Their student section behind the hoop is a 35 degree slope due to constructing that side of the arena around a hill.

View attachment 13864
Maryland’s least attended game this year, 10,348 against Binghamton, is larger than the capacity of McCamish and more than double our average attendance. It’s almost double our highest attended game against UGA which had 5,800.

I really don’t think Maryland is nearly as worried about their attendance or their basketball program as a whole as we should be.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Maryland’s least attended game this year, 10,348 against Binghamton, is larger than the capacity of McCamish and more than double our average attendance. It’s almost double our highest attended game against UGA which had 5,800.

I really don’t think Maryland is nearly as worried about their attendance or their basketball program as a whole as we should be.
Didn’t mean to imply that, it was just some stream of conscious thoughts about the experience. They have probably double the alumni count that we do. Most of their alumni stay in the DC metro area also I would imagine. They are also a basketball school - we outdraw them in football despite the alumni difference and their state flagship university status.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
There is apparently some kind of audio that he will be using in his defense. What is on that audio I do not know but its doubtful that he will be completely vindicated. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Interesting indeed as UT canned him today apparently.

We're they unhappy with his performance OTJ? Wonder if this was their 'out', if so.