GT has a Tik Tok now

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fish where the fish are. <a href="https://twitter.com/GeorgiaTechFB?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@GeorgiaTechFB</a> <a href="https://t.co/gTkpK6D4uN">pic.twitter.com/gTkpK6D4uN</a></p>&mdash; SkullSparks (@SkullSparks) <a href="">February 18, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I would never have thought of it, but that's why I am a professional construction site cleaner. Expect more grainy lofi music and maybe some drawn in anime girls sitting on the couches in the clubhouse.

That's where the fish are, so major props to Collins and the staff. Any idea how many programs have Tik Toks?

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
FWIW, living in the Charleston, SC area I know lots of guys that work at Naval Information Warfare Center (formerly SPAWAR). Tik Tok is the only social media app that NIWC has sent out a company wide memo regarding. The memo stated that their employees should not be using the app due to known concerns about the Chinese government using it as a data mining tool.

So if you don't know what it is, count your blessings and move on. It's what these guys do. If they say stay away, I stay away.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
what's tik tok? be kind...I just found out about this twitter thing last year. :)

It’s just another social media app where essentially people post short videos and you can follow accounts. Very popular right now among middle school and high schoolers.
If you have young kids I might try to find out if they have it. Probably some stuff on there you don’t want them seeing.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s just another social media app where essentially people post short videos and you can follow accounts. Very popular right now among middle school and high schoolers.
If you have young kids I might try to find out if they have it. Probably some stuff on there you don’t want them seeing.
That's all I know about it too - essentially an evolution of snapchat / vine.

Glad GT is jumping in - great idea to use any and all social media, especially since Tik Tok (seems) like the it app at the moment.

I'm 30 and starting to feel like this when it comes to social media / internet things:

giphy.gif

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I am adamantly against Tik Tok and I will not hesitate to speak my mind to parents with young children who are on the app. It is a known cesspool for Pedophiles. If you doubt me, just Google it. Parents need to be more mindful of what they allow their kids to be exposed to. If you have kids with a Tiktok, especially young girls, please check their profiles and closely monitor who they interact with.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I can’t get any of my friends or dates off of the app. I’m just now 20 and have been around for the rise of social media and just want to say that this app has taken off in a way I haven’t seen before. I’m not a fan, it’s mostly underage girls in tight clothes doing provocative dances. To me Vine was the best app of all time so I figured I’d like this but it’s trash imo. It’s mainly the same repetitive content used over and over by the same thirst trapping girls. There is a one and a blue moon original funny bit, but it’s mostly popular for it’s dancing and musical aspect.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That's all I know about it too - essentially an evolution of snapchat / vine.

Glad GT is jumping in - great idea to use any and all social media, especially since Tik Tok (seems) like the it app at the moment.

I'm 30 and starting to feel like this when it comes to social media / internet things:

giphy.gif

Heh. Plangineer, I don't think the kids are buying your swag.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I can’t get any of my friends or dates off of the app. I’m just now 20 and have been around for the rise of social media and just want to say that this app has taken off in a way I haven’t seen before. I’m not a fan, it’s mostly underage girls in tight clothes doing provocative dances. To me Vine was the best app of all time so I figured I’d like this but it’s trash imo. It’s mainly the same repetitive content used over and over by the same thirst trapping girls. There is a one and a blue moon original funny bit, but it’s mostly popular for it’s dancing and musical aspect.

This is a pretty accurate summary. And also explains why so many creeps are on there as well.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
My brother is your age and he sends me links to the dumbest Tiktoks ever... mainly rednecks acting like well..... stupid rednecks. I want to punch him in the face everytime he sends me a link. Hate it so much

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
My brother is your age and he sends me links to the dumbest Tiktoks ever... mainly rednecks acting like well..... stupid rednecks. I want to punch him in the face everytime he sends me a link. Hate it so much

Don't punch your own brother in the face.

Punch him in the belly. Far more hilarious and doesn't leave a mark.

The More You Know ....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Am I the only one that's got beef with this captianbuzz character 'cause he got symbols in his name?

It's like having face tatts. Screw you, captainbuzz

Do I sound jealous? :unsure:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As someone with a mild TikTok addiction, my advice is to stay off of this app by any means necessary.

That said, the dog videos are often times hilarious and there seems to be no shortage of people that will put mentos in Coca-Cola.