GT Golf

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Tech went to 18 up by one and Clemson's hottest player left to finish. Chris Petefish not only stared him down he took the hole with a birdie to the Clemson player's bogie for the team win by 2 shots!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
That drive on 18 by Petefish showed confidence and skill under pressure. That birdie was huge. The team doesn't have a superstar but very deep with talent.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Did you read Coach Heppler's comment about the 2nd shot though? It was too funny! :D
Didn't hear it but figure he wanted him to play away from the water more. That drive was very agressive . The clemson player obviously blocked it right to avoid the water and made birdie much harder which he didn't convert.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Didn't hear it but figure he wanted him to play away from the water more. That drive was very agressive . The clemson player obviously blocked it right to avoid the water and made birdie much harder which he didn't convert.

Here you go

Of Petefish’s second shot at the 18th, Heppler said, “I’m guessing he pulled it, because the way the green is here, if you hit it in the right third, it’s going to go over into the hole, and it’s hard to get up and down. We were trying to go front edge. He had a lie that was in the rough on the down slope, so I knew it was going to run out. Either the club shut down on him a little bit, or he just said the heck with coach and I’m going right at it. Whatever it was, it worked out.”

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I live in the Raleigh area. The lonnie poole GC which is NCSU course has been reported by one of our club players as not being in good shape. We had a rough winter up here and lots of bermuda kill. Hope it comes on strong in the next few days. I am a Kings Mill in Virginia and their course up here looks OK. LPGA plays here next week. Warm weather has finally arrived. I plan to get over to see our guys play.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We are currently in third with one more round to play. Texas has a big lead with NCSU in second on their home course. We need to have a good finish tomorrow to move on next week. I think they take the top 5 in each regional.

LibertyTurns

Banned
We are currently in third with one more round to play. Texas has a big lead with NCSU in second on their home course. We need to have a good finish tomorrow to move on next week. I think they take the top 5 in each regional.
Need a better day tomorrow for sure.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We'very gone from solid second to just a 2 shot margin to make top 5. Playing not to lose rather than aggressive. We are behind 2 ACC schools that we beat in the ACC tournament. Texas is blowing out everyone with huge lead. We are behind Duke and NCSU but they have local knowledge being so close. Hope we can advance.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We are in free fall. Now in 6th. May not move on. We need some birdies real fast or we are done for the year. We are late in the final round and running out of holes.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Pack it up season is over. Missed by a stroke moving on. Collapsed today after being in position to move on. My money goes to football this year.

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Pack it up season is over. Missed by a stroke moving on. Collapsed today after being in position to move on. My money goes to football this year.
Win conference ship, ranked #4, and can't make it thru regionals. Sounds about right