GT-FSU tomorrow night

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
A few breaks here and there and this team could've been a bubble team. It's real shame they couldn't get MGH to a tourney his final year.

When you think about it, it absolutely is very depressing. Just to start, there is no way we should have lost the VT or ETSU games and choked big time at the end. That right there would have us at 16-10 right now. Add in just one more win against one of the teams we were leading/hanging with at halftime (Louisville, Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Miami, etc) and that puts us at 17-9 and strongly in the tournament right now :(.

CPJ said many times this year football is a game of inches and we have proven that it's also correct in basketball far too many times

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
When you think about it, it absolutely is very depressing. Just to start, there is no way we should have lost the VT or ETSU games and choked big time at the end. That right there would have us at 16-10 right now. Add in just one more win against one of the teams we were leading/hanging with at halftime (Louisville, Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Miami, etc) and that puts us at 17-9 and strongly in the tournament right now :(.

CPJ said many times this year football is a game of inches and we have proven that it's also correct in basketball far too many times

Well I wasn't too depressed about this season because we are right where I thought we'd be...

But now I kind of am...

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I didn't see the game but looked at the stats at end.It is AMAZING what good shooting will do.You can play crap def,give up- pts in paint big time -,fast brk pts,- bench pts,- more TOs and give up some Off rebs and STILL WIN! Hit 53% FG,9-21 3s, 70% FTs and go home smiling.
BG's teams have rarely shot this good(including FTs at very end) thus lots of losses . What might have been,hmmmm

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I didn't see the game but looked at the stats at end.It is AMAZING what good shooting will do.You can play crap def,give up- pts in paint big time -,fast brk pts,- bench pts,- more TOs and give up some Off rebs and STILL WIN! Hit 53% FG,9-21 3s, 70% FTs and go home smiling.
BG's teams have rarely shot this good(including FTs at very end) thus lots of losses . What might have been,hmmmm
We missed four FTs in the final minute last night and it almost cost us the game.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Two more wins and we make the NIT. Get that pen ready to sign another year of checks for our coach.

Either you are a troll or one of the most incorrigible people i have ever witnessed.

I present you with the official GT Basketball Fan Coping Pack:

img-01.jpg

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Win the next 5 and 1 in the ACC tourney and we make the dance...know it is highly unlikely but crazier things have happened

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Frankly, if GT had just won the VT and ETSU games (2 games they absolutely gave away at the end) they are firmly on the bubble with 5 games left. It would get rid of the 2 sub 100 losses on the schedule and GT has better wins than some of the current bubble teams.
Realistically, this team probably has to win at least 3 of the last 5 to have a serious shot at the NIT (with probably a first round ACC win as well).

I have seen 2 NIT brackets with GT in it in the last week. Now keep in mind those cannot account for yet what conference champs fail to make the NCAA so they get auto bids to the NIT - that likely would push GT out right now.