GT/FSU rivalry in the 90s

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I was sitting right on the goal line where the FSU receiver fumbled the ball. The ball was out before he crossed the goal line, but the ref that called the touchdown did not see the fumble when everyone behind him did. That plus the onside kick BS plus how they were stopping the clock on every questionable out of bounds play in the 4th quarter, it seemed like the refs were trying to screw us that day.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I was sitting right on the goal line where the FSU receiver fumbled the ball. The ball was out before he crossed the goal line, but the ref that called the touchdown did not see the fumble when everyone behind him did. That plus the onside kick BS plus how they were stopping the clock on every questionable out of bounds play in the 4th quarter, it seemed like the refs were trying to screw us that day.
Nice bit of info.

SilverFox81

Georgia Tech Fan
So I have a good buddy who is an FSU grad. He doesn’t understand my animosity towards his alma mater. I can’t explain it that well to him because it’s just ingrained in my being from my time as a student and my fandom through the 90s when Joe Hamilton was GT. I vaguely recall FSU going after Hamilton with cheap shots to put them out of the game because they knew GT success depended on him my question for the board is there any truth to this? Thanks for any old timers who can shed some light on my feeding memory banks.
110 % accurate! Noles were the Bama of the 90s and they for sure played dirty! I remember from 98-2000 Tech was winning those games and FSU did some shade stuff to Hamilton and Goose.

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
FSU's D was so dominate they actually put their own qb out for the season in a spring game. As I recall, that event basically stopped qbs from getting hit by their own folks.