GT/FSU Ireland 2024

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
A couple of good things about this game:
It's being played on the 24th of August, which will be before anyone or almost anyone else plays and we should get a lot of eyeballs on the game.
Also, playing a game that early will probably mean the Jackets will get two open dates in the 2024 season to rest up.
Check that. The Jackets are scheduled play Ugag the Saturday after Thanksgiving (game falls on Nov. 30) in 2024 as usual, so there will be 15 weeks to play 12 games, allowing not two but THREE open dates.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I've heard that, but are we playing the week before the week zero game? Or does the weekend before Labor Day count as week 1?
Week one is the week before Labor Day. The Jackets will be playing the week before that:

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I really am not wild about having a home game moved to Ireland. I did go to Boston College vs. GT when they went before. But playing 2 tough opponents at neutral sites vs. at Bobby Dodd (FSU Ireland and Notre Dame at Mercedes) reduces our chances for both games. 5 home games, 2 neutral games and 5 away games vs 7 home games and 5 away games. The Notre Dame game should generate extra revenue but the game in Ireland with the added expenses can't be a big revenue gain.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I really am not wild about having a home game moved to Ireland. I did go to Boston College vs. GT when they went before. But playing 2 tough opponents at neutral sites vs. at Bobby Dodd (FSU Ireland and Notre Dame at Mercedes) reduces our chances for both games. 5 home games, 2 neutral games and 5 away games vs 7 home games and 5 away games. The Notre Dame game should generate extra revenue but the game in Ireland with the added expenses can't be a big revenue gain.
So what makes this worse is that we fly to Dublin, then fly back to play Ga State who will be extremely motivated. Then the bye week to before playing VMI. Sure wish it went FSU, VMI, then Ga state. We 100% should beat Ga State, just don't like how that shakes out with them being motivated. Much smaller teams have beaten larger teams.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I dont believe we would be favored if we played F$U or ND at BDS@HGF. Vs the noles we will be a push if not a underdog. It is a positive in payday for us because most, if not all, of the expenses are covered by the sponsor and we still get the media payout. No extra game to pay the contractors who do the game day operations at BDS.
Our new AD and HC are savvy enough to see the positives in this venture, let's do the same.
Go Tech 2023 National Champs 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
I dont believe we would be favored if we played F$U or ND at BDS@HGF. Vs the noles we will be a push if not a underdog. It is a positive in payday for us because most, if not all, of the expenses are covered by the sponsor and we still get the media payout. No extra game to pay the contractors who do the game day operations at BDS.
Our new AD and HC are savvy enough to see the positives in this venture, let's do the same.
Go Tech 2023 National Champs 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
great reply!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think we were 2-6 when we beat them in 2015…and they were ranked. FSU has fans everywhere and they travel well. I was at that game and I’ve never seen BDS seats empty as quickly as they did at the end of the game. Tech fans were hitting the field, FSU fans were hitting the exits. GREAT!!! I also remember we stuck their band way up in the upper north stands. Not sure why that happened.
Retaliation for locating our band high.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I can say I have zero desire to go to Ireland. I’m more of a Caribbean beach type vacationer but, I will do the next best thing and find a local Irish pub and sit my *** at the bar at 9am and pound some Guinness while I chase it with a shot of Jameson as I watch!

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I think we were 2-6 when we beat them in 2015…and they were ranked. FSU has fans everywhere and they travel well. I was at that game and I’ve never seen BDS seats empty as quickly as they did at the end of the game. Tech fans were hitting the field, FSU fans were hitting the exits. GREAT!!! I also remember we stuck their band way up in the upper north stands. Not sure why that happened.
Not FSU, and not football, but There was a ND fan sitting beside me in the middle of a row during the GT-ND game in 2017. When Okogie hit the shot to win the game as time expired, the ND fan stood up and stepped towards me. That side of the row was full of GT fans jumping and screaming, so he turned to the other direction. That side was also full of GT fans jumping and screaming. He then just stood there stoically for two or three minutes until people calmed down enough for him to leave. I enjoyed that greatly.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Not FSU, and not football, but There was a ND fan sitting beside me in the middle of a row during the GT-ND game in 2017. When Okogie hit the shot to win the game as time expired, the ND fan stood up and stepped towards me. That side of the row was full of GT fans jumping and screaming, so he turned to the other direction. That side was also full of GT fans jumping and screaming. He then just stood there stoically for two or three minutes until people calmed down enough for him to leave. I enjoyed that greatly.
I was at that game too. Classic!

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I highly recommend going to Ireland. We went the first time in 2009 and fell in love with it. We went a week early in 2016 and rented a castle, (which I claimed for Georgia Tech), about 18 miles north of Galway on the west coast of Ireland. It was a great, great vacation and the Irish people are very hospitable and welcoming. You don't need a travel agent, if you stay in Dublin you're 2 - 3 hours, by train, away to any point in Ireland. Ireland was very affordable. The Aviva Stadium venue is terrific. If you can go, do not pass up the opportunity.......
1680033408686.png
1680033502419.png
1680033655227.png
1680033780617.png