GT/FSU Ireland 2024

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I hear you all about the bummer of losing a home game. For me, selfishly though, I am going to try to make a week out of it and book a family vacation to catch this. We live in Texas now, so don't make games regularly (was always a season ticket holder before moving away) so it's a net positive for me.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
I am really interested in taking my family. For those who went in 2016, did you book with a travel agent or do everything through Georgia Tech? Any advice for booking will be greatly appreciated.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we were 2-6 when we beat them in 2015…and they were ranked. FSU has fans everywhere and they travel well. I was at that game and I’ve never seen BDS seats empty as quickly as they did at the end of the game. Tech fans were hitting the field, FSU fans were hitting the exits. GREAT!!! I also remember we stuck their band way up in the upper north stands. Not sure why that happened.
That was on FSU. They chose to stick the band up there so they could sell tickets in the Southeast corner

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I am really interested in taking my family. For those who went in 2016, did you book with a travel agent or do everything through Georgia Tech? Any advice for booking will be greatly appreciated.
My wife and I booked everything (rental car, rooms, etc.) on our own. I used AirBnB for lodging. Flew into Dublin for a couple of days, drove west across the country to Galway, and then followed the southern coastline back to Dublin for the trip home. Everything went very well and the locals were great. The only scary thing was my car rental was a stick shift. Shifting gears with my left hand in numerous roundabouts with traffic going the opposite direction after a sleepless flight was crazy but we lived. 😂

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... The only scary thing was my car rental was a stick shift. Shifting gears with my left hand in numerous roundabouts with traffic going the opposite direction after a sleepless flight was crazy but we lived. 😂

For those that have never experienced doing that, be prepared to have a few oh fudge thoughts run through your head. And expect your passengers to freak out a bit.
Screenshot_20230315-145130.png

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
A 16.67% reduction of games at BDS than we had before the announcement.
Now over 25% of our home games will not be played at BDS. ... 2 of our 7 (28.57%) "home" games are not at BDS@HGF in 2024.
IIRC that's the same amount of games we played at BDS this past season. WCU, Ole Miss, Duke, UVA, Miami.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
One of my biggest regrets was missing the last. God willing, I + one more will be at this one. If I could recommend to other fans, I would recommend to travel. Can any of you that were at the last one share any special experiences or places to visit as I have never been to Ireland? I am looking for more unique or specific than Cliffs of Moher, Temple bar, Book of Kells, Guinness...

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
One of my biggest regrets was missing the last. God willing, I + one more will be at this one. If I could recommend to other fans, I would recommend to travel. Can any of you that were at the last one share any special experiences or places to visit as I have never been to Ireland? I am looking for more unique or specific than Cliffs of Moher, Temple bar, Book of Kells, Guinness...
3 of those things are in Dublin. The Cliffs of Moher are on the other side of the island. If you go to Cliffs of Moher, you should go to Bunratty Castle and eat at Durty Nellie's, if it's still there.

My wife is Irish, so we're back every so often. Early April for a wedding in Galway.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m surprised so many of you are bummed about this. I think it is really cool for the program and players and it’s a lot of $$$$ for us. Last time we went, it was a success.
Because you could easily move Pitt or Wake over there with the same $ and keep F$U at our house. It worked with BC there so clearly Pitt or Wake would be fine. To me it's not so much moving the game as it is the game that was chosen.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
It was all pretty darn great but Dingle was my favorite. It was just a pretty little town with lots of nice people and lots of Guinness. I dug up our itinerary from 2016. I think we had to skip a couple of things on the list due to time constraints. One thing not on the list was a stop in a town called Ballybunion. I’m walking down the sidewalk and looking at a statue. I’m thinking, “Dang. That looks like Bill Clinton.” It actually was a statue of Bill Clinton playing golf; he loved the golf course there, apparently.

Attachments

• CE4E79CD-F0A0-4E07-9F64-7F65D764732D.jpeg
    CE4E79CD-F0A0-4E07-9F64-7F65D764732D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • CA96A771-8A82-4AF5-BAF4-4460DEE53522.jpeg
    CA96A771-8A82-4AF5-BAF4-4460DEE53522.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46