GT Football Road Trip - Tonight, 7pm ET, ACCN

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone else get annoyed that they spent the entire first segment before Collins came on (and part of his segment) talking about how bad it was when he got here? They pulled out the 260 lb lineman "quote" and made it sound like we had been playing in the FCS or something before 2019.

kalld12

Banned
Anyone else get annoyed that they spent the entire first segment before Collins came on (and part of his segment) talking about how bad it was when he got here? They pulled out the 260 lb lineman "quote" and made it sound like we had been playing in the FCS or something before 2019.
I see no lies in what they said. We did in fact have small lean agile OL to fit the system Paul was running. It shouldn't be surprising the media is still painting that picture, but its about time people stop making excuses for CGC on the transition. Its time to put up or **** up, he's had enough time.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I see no lies in what they said. We did in fact have small lean agile OL to fit the system Paul was running. It shouldn't be surprising the media is still painting that picture, but its about time people stop making excuses for CGC on the transition. Its time to put up or **** up, he's had enough time.
They really leaned into it being a "total rebuild" with a complete overhaul implying that we were terrible before CGC. I agree that it's a big change, but the tone rubbed me the wrong way. CGC didn't really lean into it too much so that was nice. They made up for it a little with Joe Hamilton not letting Coach Richt ride on the Wreck to the practice field haha

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
They really leaned into it being a "total rebuild" with a complete overhaul implying that we were terrible before CGC. I agree that it's a big change, but the tone rubbed me the wrong way. CGC didn't really lean into it too much so that was nice. They made up for it a little with Joe Hamilton not letting Coach Richt ride on the Wreck to the practice field haha
Richt ( genuinely good guy) said he still got the creeps being at Tech after battling us for 20 years.

Before last year on accn Coach R kind of with held praise for Sims - I think for his accuracy. Coach R had high praise for Louisville qb.
This time after seeing Sims he compared his potential this year to Louisville Qb.

Hard to not like a Coach that our QB coach strongly respects.

I am hoping cgc can start DOING something great and then be humble.

Did u here the talkers say = if they had the portal when cgc took the job he may have had 30.?

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Richt ( genuinely good guy) said he still got the creeps being at Tech after battling us for 20 years.
His last visit as a coach was a loss. His first at Grant Field. But he left a loser nonetheless.
But yeah, Richt in person is actually a very gracious person. Especially for a mutt.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer

Before last year on accn Coach R kind of with held praise for Sims - I think for his accuracy. Coach R had high praise for Louisville qb.
This time after seeing Sims he compared his potential this year to Louisville Qb.

Hard to not like a Coach that our QB coach strongly respects.

I am hoping cgc can start DOING something great and then be humble.

Did u here the talkers say = if they had the portal when cgc took the job he may have had 30.?
I met richt on a plane when I was like 14 leaving the Philly airport. My stepdad introduced himself to Richt then proceeded to tell him he was a Tech fan lol.

He was super nice