GT - Elon prediction thread

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I would really like to see us match or better UNC's 62-0 from last year's opener. I would at least like to see our D shut them out. If we have 11 min death marches so that we don't get to 62, I could live with it, but I wouldn't be happy. If last year's UNC D could shut them out, we better be able to do it.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
70-0. This is a chance for Roof to make a statement by shutting a team out in his first game. I realize it'll be a lot of backups playing later in the game, but Roof will certainly have something to prove

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know anything about Elon this year, or last year for that matter. For all I know they could be looking at our performance last year and see us as a .500 FBS team. With that I predict we win 55-14. One of their TDs comes in garbage time.

Last edited:

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Re Elon:
Elon wide receiver Aaron Mellette was selected #238 in the seventh round of the NFL draft by the Baltimore Ravens this past April.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Getting a shut out is not that important, we should empty the bench by the the second half. That said, I'll be disappointed if our #1 defense doesn't totally dominate. What is important is getting Vad a ton of reps/reads in our base option game. Another thing is to stay injury free, especially on the OL.