Film Room GT Duke Series 2 Video

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Looks to me like our OL was doing the flop block technique on the last series you show, resulting in their blocked being very easily defeated by simply pushing them down into the ground and stepping past/over them. What happened to the drive blocking from last year!!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
On the second and 8 where we run the counter (2:10 mark), who is our LT supposed to hit? He just fires forward and looks lost, hitting nobody. This is a senior.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
What the two films show is just how close we are. We're not quite clicking yet. The game was lost on special teams, but we couldn't take advantage of our O opportunities. I think part of the problem is that we aren't moving fast enough on our initial mesh. I thought Allen played very well and I hope he gets another chance, perhaps to start. What really hurts is that we haven't got Leggett out there. Skov will be as good sooner or later, but his lack of experience shows in this game and against ND.

Well, inexperience is one thing that is always curable. Let's hope we take a step in that direction this week, that the D plays well, and that we don't allow any long returns. If we do the last, I think we win.