GT Depth chart released

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Why did we move Travis to WDE, but never tried out Harrell, Marcordes, or Hankins? Harrell has been limited by injuries, but at WDE he might be more of a pass-rushing threat than Travis. While he is a scrapper and goes hard every play, Travis seems to be at a clear physical disadvantage almost every play. Our LB core is obviously deeper than our DEs, seems we have LB talent on the bench that could at least be tried at WDE.

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
Why did we move Travis to WDE, but never tried out Harrell, Marcordes, or Hankins? Harrell has been limited by injuries, but at WDE he might be more of a pass-rushing threat than Travis. While he is a scrapper and goes hard every play, Travis seems to be at a clear physical disadvantage almost every play. Our LB core is obviously deeper than our DEs, seems we have LB talent on the bench that could at least be tried at WDE.

I haven't seen where Travis has been at a disadvantage. I think a challenge versus UM because of size but the only play i can recall where he whiffed was when Johnson cut back across the field and Travis got too far inside. At the same time we are talking about one of the top 5 backs in the nation too. Travis does more than play hard...he has been playing smart...the more he plays the better he will be down the road this year. I have seen improvements in how he handles blocks to rushing the passer. Also, Travis is about the same size, a little heavier, as our linebackers...so i don't see how that would increase the advantage to put a lighter guy at the position.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Is he at WDE or SDE? Last night on the coach's show, CPJ talked about Travis in response to a caller. CPJ said that Travis had not been at LB for a couple seasons now. Travis had been on the inside for depth, which I took to mean DT, and that CPJ himself wanted to put Travis on the outside to see what he could do because he puts forth maximum effort every day in practice.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Is he at WDE or SDE? Last night on the coach's show, CPJ talked about Travis in response to a caller. CPJ said that Travis had not been at LB for a couple seasons now. Travis had been on the inside for depth, which I took to mean DT, and that CPJ himself wanted to put Travis on the outside to see what he could do because he puts forth maximum effort every day in practice.

He is strong. He typically lines up next to the 1tech

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
He made a really nice tackle on special teams. Other than that, haven't really seen him flash on defense.
Harrell is a favorite of mine and he did make a tackle on KO however ,I think it was he that got out of position when they broke that KO return up middle.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Hustles but he had a bad first half.Got the 15 yd penalty and got burned on Duke reverse field for big ydage.Did better 2nd half alternating with Rod.RC.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I haven't seen where Travis has been at a disadvantage. I think a challenge versus UM because of size but the only play i can recall where he whiffed was when Johnson cut back across the field and Travis got too far inside. At the same time we are talking about one of the top 5 backs in the nation too. Travis does more than play hard...he has been playing smart...the more he plays the better he will be down the road this year. I have seen improvements in how he handles blocks to rushing the passer. Also, Travis is about the same size, a little heavier, as our linebackers...so i don't see how that would increase the advantage to put a lighter guy at the position.
He blew up the reverse play. Kept contain and turned the guy inside where he was tackled for no gain.