GT Depth chart released

buzzinanut69

Jolly Good Fellow
How many snaps did Green get vs Miami? Maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention but I noticed Gamble out there a lot but Green not so much. Did he get hurt?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
How many snaps did Green get vs Miami? Maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention but I noticed Gamble out there a lot but Green not so much. Did he get hurt?

Don't know the exact amount but he was in on the last series of the game.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Didn't realize Matt Conners was the one who blocked the punt at Tulane. Also, I haven't hear Marcordes name in a while, thought he would be a beast this year too.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
PJ Davis reminds a lot of his predecessor (#40). Both guys have/had great instincts and hit hard, but both have/had limitations in coverage. On one particular play, PJ was in great position to tackle Duke Johnson short of the first down on a swing pass to the flat. PJ took a bad angle was left grasping at his heels.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
PJ Davis reminds a lot of his predecessor (#40). Both guys have/had great instincts and hit hard, but both have/had limitations in coverage. On one particular play, PJ was in great position to tackle Duke Johnson short of the first down on a swing pass to the flat. PJ took a bad angle was left grasping at his heels.

Bingo.

Also, I'm a little surprised that Kyle Travis got the start last week. Didn't pay attention the rest of the game, so I'm not sure if he played a lot. Has he progressed that much, or have Stargel/Chungong/Merriweather regressed?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Been that way all year I believe.
I thought Waller had an outstanding night blocking on the perimeter. He put away his man on the Hill run, everybody knows that. But I just watched the replay and saw him put away 2 guys at once on the Bostic td. Oh, and that holding call was bs.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I thought Waller had an outstanding night blocking on the perimeter. He put away his man on the Hill run, everybody knows that. But I just watched the replay and saw him put away 2 guys at once on the Bostic td. Oh, and that holding call was bs.
Sir Cheese you are correct on all points!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
PJ is good at diagnosing plays out of the backfield and pursuit, but he gets caught in the wash a lot and is not good in coverage. Julian Burnett was the same way.

Teams that like to use tight ends and spread defenses out to open up the middle will be trouble for us if PJ in on coverage. Duke does exactly that...it'll be something to watch out for Saturday.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think if you look at the snaps for ABs and WRs, the top 4 at each position usually gets pretty good amount of snaps. Those guys rotate so heavily on every play.

It's a good thing to sell to prospective AB and WR recruits.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
When it comes to receivers/slotbacks, I think whoever starts isn't all that important, especially since those two spots are rotated almost every play.
I was noticing too that Harrell wasn't on the two-deep. Hmmph.