GT Defensive Stats by Year

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
After that I can see GT becoming the next version of what UNC is right now because Collins is recruiting big time players across the board. But as we all know in college football it all depends on the QB position.
UNC is recruiting on a completely different level than Tech. They are what Collins claimed he could do here.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
UNC is recruiting on a completely different level than Tech. They are what Collins claimed he could do here.
UNC is UNC because of Mack Brown. Like him or not, he's a proven head coach. Twenty consecutive winning seasons. From 2001 through 2009, Brown won 10 or more games each year. This is the longest streak of seasons with 10+ wins in the nation. Geoff is still an unknown.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
UNC is UNC because of Mack Brown. Like him or not, he's a proven head coach. Twenty consecutive winning seasons. From 2001 through 2009, Brown won 10 or more games each year. This is the longest streak of seasons with 10+ wins in the nation. Geoff is still an unknown.
UNC has also recruited “at a high level” for a lot of years. That’s also why they were know for being such an underachiever - they had a hell of of a lot of talent even under Fedora, they just couldn’t produce on the field.
They’re much better under Brown for sure

slugboy

Staff member
UNC has also recruited “at a high level” for a lot of years. That’s also why they were know for being such an underachiever - they had a hell of of a lot of talent even under Fedora, they just couldn’t produce on the field.
They’re much better under Brown for sure
Even under John Bunting, they were swapping out defensive linemen that were huge. Their base recruiting level for any coach starts higher than ours--Brown takes it up a notch.

Collins has us recruiting above our normal levels a good bit--even in a COVID year.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Even under John Bunting, they were swapping out defensive linemen that were huge. Their base recruiting level for any coach starts higher than ours--Brown takes it up a notch.

Collins has us recruiting above our normal levels a good bit--even in a COVID year.
Yes he is. But I don’t see us ever getting our base to the level of a UNC. Does anyone realistically believe that’s attainable .
? Other than maybe CGC ?

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I want my coach to believe it is attainable. Too many times we have conceded talent to other schools, not even going after some of the top talent in the state. You will never get them if you don't try.