GT Day at CFHOF

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
July 18th is GT Day at the College Football Hall of Fame. I just got some tickets for my boys and me. As a newbie on these forums, I'm just wondering who else will be there. Never having been to one of these, I want sure what to expect. I only know Roddy Jones will be there and some "select players".

Any insights on what to expect?

Joe

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
July 18th is GT Day at the College Football Hall of Fame. I just got some tickets for my boys and me. As a newbie on these forums, I'm just wondering who else will be there. Never having been to one of these, I want sure what to expect. I only know Roddy Jones will be there and some "select players".

Any insights on what to expect?

Joe

Pain ...

Wait, that doesn't make any sense, nevermind.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Last year they did a GT Day at Six Flags, so different type of event than CFBHOF. Been to a few other events there since the Hall opened, so expect a reception/cocktail setting. If they do something similar to the old kickoff luncheon, I'd assume Roddy will do introductions and Q&A with some of the players.

Your expectation? You'll get a chance to meet and hear from our student-athletes, and you'll be blown away from how smart and classy they are. You'll be thankful that our program recruits and develops men of high character that make you proud they represent our school.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I'll be there with my wife and 2 kids, one of whom is my daughter that, at age 15, can probably name the 2-deep for every position from last year and this year while I have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Supposed to leave town for a trip that day or I'd be there. Haven't visited it yet but plan to. The GT day will likely be the best time for Tech fan to visit.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Great goal for Trey and the team to have. I'm not making any grand prediction. A national championship would require almost everything breaking our way; including limited injuries, limited fumbles, young guys proving to be big playmakers, and the D becoming a top 20 type D. That being said......those things are actually a possibility even if a all of them happening is a long shot. Just as possible as in 1990 IMO however.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
After the presentation by Roddy there was a group of GT players taking in the festivities and having a good time: Burden, Macordes, Milton, Rodwell, and Golden. I got a chance to speak with Burden, Macordes, and Golden. These are very polite, personable, intelligent players to be proud of.

Golden is looking to step up his return game. He has graduated and is working on a second major he plans to complete before he leaves Tech. Burden is doing well in school and will graduate before his eligibility expires. He plans on taking that blocking he did against the Dawgs to other opponents this season. Macordes is anxious for some back door sacks and a chance at a pic six against a P5 opponent. Rodwell stayed late and played with the kids who were trying field goals. Saw Milton singing the fight song.

This was a great event and some interchange with some players made it all the better. I certainly appreciate the time these players spent talking with me. During the presentation Roddy, Braun, and Moore had a spirited interchange. I also got a chance to speak with Derric Moore. This guy is everything you image and hope he is to our football program.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Great goal for Trey and the team to have. I'm not making any grand prediction. A national championship would require almost everything breaking our way; including limited injuries, limited fumbles, young guys proving to be big playmakers, and the D becoming a top 20 type D. That being said......those things are actually a possibility even if a all of them happening is a long shot. Just as possible as in 1990 IMO however.
1990 was not one of the toughest schedules in the land. (tied for #14 in '15)
After the presentation by Roddy there was a group of GT players taking in the festivities and having a good time: Burden, Macordes, Milton, Rodwell, and Golden. I got a chance to speak with Burden, Macordes, and Golden. These are very polite, personable, intelligent players to be proud of.

Golden is looking to step up his return game. He has graduated and is working on a second major he plans to complete before he leaves Tech. Burden is doing well in school and will graduate before his eligibility expires. He plans on taking that blocking he did against the Dawgs to other opponents this season. Macordes is anxious for some back door sacks and a chance at a pic six against a P5 opponent. Rodwell stayed late and played with the kids who were trying field goals. Saw Milton singing the fight song.

This was a great event and some interchange with some players made it all the better. I certainly appreciate the time these players spent talking with me. During the presentation Roddy, Braun, and Moore had a spirited interchange. I also got a chance to speak with Derric Moore. This guy is everything you image and hope he is to our football program.
Speaking of Marcordes, the guy seems to have it all physically but just hasn't broken out to the next level yet. Maybe this is the year?