1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

GT could benefit in recruiting with more marketing like this:

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by PowderSpringsJacket88, Jan 8, 2014.

1. PowderSpringsJacket88

PowderSpringsJacket88 Helluva Engineer Retired Staff

Recruits respond to this kind of stuff and it gives fans something entertaining to watch.

I would like to see some stuff like this going forward.

FYI: I thought it was funny when James Franklin was talking about the character of his guys and knows what they are made of...;)

2. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

I agree recruits like this stuff. I also think they respond well to "winning" teams or programs that are on the upswing. We have been on a lull for the last 4 seasons imo. We desperately need to start winning on the field and then the recruits will come. But staying with your topic we do need to market ourselves better. I agree.

PowderSpringsJacket88 likes this.
  3. vamosjackets

vamosjackets GT Athlete Featured Member

I agree with you. But, w0uldn't "The Process" episodes classify as the kind of marketing you're talking about. I thought they were an excellent way to keep GT in the minds of fans and recruits.

DvilleJacket, John and IronJacket7 like this.
  4. IronJacket7

I had the same thought.

5. Jacket Bracket

Jacket Bracket Ramblin' Wreck

I loved those videos. Any word on if they will do it again this year?

6. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

me too.

bat_082994 likes this.
  7. Blumpkin Souffle

Blumpkin Souffle Bidly Biddington III

While I think everyone would like us to win more, I don't necessarily follow this train of thought. We need to win to get better recruits and we need better recruits to win; see how that can turn into a bit of circular logic?

I also enjoyed the process videos and hope we do something like that again this year.

8. IronJacket7

[quote="Blumpkin Souffle, post: 25437, member: 219"We need to win to get better recruits and we need better recruits to win; see how that can turn into a bit of circular logic?.[/quote]

You are correct. It can be spun either way. So, technically it can work either way.

9. PowderSpringsJacket88

Vandy is definitely benefiting from the positive upswing that their program is headed so far...They are capitalizing on it by marketing it well with videos like this..

The process was good but it really benefited the fans more than the recruits IMO. The process will appeal to a good number of recruits but then you also need something more hype/concise that talks about Calvin Johnson, D. Thomas, Michael Johnson, and things like living in ATL while having a 1 of 6 shot in becoming a millionaire. I could go on and on...The process was too long and it drug out even though I really enjoyed it and watched it multiple times. Recruits are a different animal and so are attracting new fans.

You are both right in the fact it can be spun either way..We really need more wins and more marketing with better brand management. Hopefully, a little of both will be happening next year.

ATL1 likes this.
  10. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

whoa, whoa, whoa....

What about the possibility of building the iron man suit? "You can do that" at GT, ya know? :)

IronJacket7, techman78 and ATL1 like this.
  11. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

That's a great video..
    Got me hyped.
    Franklin from what I've heard/read has an infectious personality and is a great motivator. Which in turns makes him a great recruiter. I think a lot of his recruits last year were redshirted so it will be interesting to see what they look like next year. That is if he stays at Vandy of course.

12. PowderSpringsJacket88

haha I actually like that commercial but it should not be the stand alone TV advertisement for GT on game day. I think fans and viewers are tired of it as well. We should have ran it for a couple of months along with more things like I listed above...1 of 6 is a millionaire, astronauts, ATL, great talent in the NFL.

13. PowderSpringsJacket88

Yeah, word is he is going to Penn State

14. techman78

techman78 Helluva Engineer

Loved the process. Really hope we do it again. It certainly won't hurt recruiting. As far as Vandy is concerned, I'm ready for them to suck again. Liked them a lot better when they never won!

15. SoCal_GT_Fan

SoCal_GT_Fan Ramblin' Wreck

The RamblinWreckTube has another video up (the same guys who uploaded The Process).

2013 GT football highlights:

I too loved the Process and videos like that are a step in the right direction. But checking out the view count for "The Process", they've only gotten a couple thousand hits (Episode 1 has approx. 18,000 hits while Episode 8 has only like 3,200 views).

16. DvilleJacket

DvilleJacket Helluva Engineer

The process was one of the best pieces I've ever seen on Tech football! It would be great if we could see something like this every season.

IronJacket7 likes this.
  17. nodawgs

nodawgs Ramblin' Wreck

As good as the Process was, it was geared toward our fanbase rather than recruits. The Vandy video is geared for recruits and fans happen to like it as well.

18. DvilleJacket

DvilleJacket Helluva Engineer

To be a Vandy fan right now has to be pretty exciting. Beating Uga, Florida, and Tennessee in the same season has to be a first for them. Much as I like dislike Franklin, he has done a heck of a job.

19. techman78

techman78 Helluva Engineer

I totally agree with you about beating those 3 in the same season, but neither Tennessee or Florida even made bowl games this season. However, its still Tennessee and Florida regardless of how bad they were. To much of the college football nation they are still top notch programs despite their recent struggles.

20. IronJacket7

Yes. Yes you can. Like a bad***!