GT @ Clem's Son tonite at 8

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Holsey had a wide open layup to tie it, sucks to lose like that. Miller played to win, if it was him in that position we'd have made the shot. We just have no depth and then our bench did nothing to help us. Q finished with 0 and Stacy Poole was the only bench production with 2 points. We win that game with Golden, if it's really a groin strain he should have been able to play a little hurt. At least a few minutes. They pressed our PGs into a lot of turnovers

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
We are not a team that can sustain that many injuries and still win alot of games. Were being very competitive in almost every game. Heyward isnt a threat to shoot so theres not alot of space for the others. Tonight was ugly offensively but almost a clinic defensively. Hope we get Golden and RCJr back ASAP. We need scorers and rebounders awfully bad.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
We just played two conference road games with two starters out and only two scholarship subs. Result, one win and one loss. In September you would take that scenario in a heart beat. So would every coach in the country.

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
That performance is solely on Gregory. Let me explain before jumping down my throat. Clemson did nothing different than what Wake did. S Poole wasn't given enough minutes to let his slashing and driving have any effect on the game. Coach Hunt to go to the freaking rim and quit settling for tough jumpers. Miller could have had 30 points tonight, but NO let Bolden, and Hunt keep firing bricks. Pittyful

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Is it just me or does it seem like some of the players never practice and just show up to the game to see what happens...and I've never seen a player just not even attempt to take a shot. How does he even start??? It would be different if he actually set up some nice plays or create something off the dribble but he basically just dribbles the ball around and wastes time..I saw him take one shot tonight and miss it, but other than that I have literally not seen him take a shot all season. It's nuts.

Everyone's free throw form is terrible nobody can make one. It's like they never practice those either and those should be automatic for most.

......I just don't get it.

It's mind boggling. Oh ya and having 3rd grade rec league turnovers

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Hunt went to the rim alot tonight. I was proud of him the last 2 games for that. I agree Poole Jr. didnt get enough minutes. Also Stephens just had a tough go of it tonight... Without our PG creating penetration its hard to get open looks. We need Golden on the floor. Hes a guaranteed 15 points and alot of assists or putbacks for out bigs. Littlejohn is a tough place to play for some reason. Just enjoy the wins at this point.

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Watching Tech basketball now is very hard especially seeing Mark Price being show cased at the half. I started watching Tech basketball when Mark Price was a Fr. Seeing where Tech basketball came from to where it is now is depressing. I'm not saying Cremins should still be our coach, but not having a decent program is not where Tech basketball should be. This program has tradition and too many good players have come through the "Thriller Dome" for them to be in this position. Gregory has two more years to turn this around or I believe Tech will be searching for it's next coach.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Poole shot himself in the foot traveling 2 possessions straight. He's out of control. Cbg couldn't leave him in there after that. When holsey does the same he rides the pine.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I know it was ugly. And maybe its just me, but I think that was brilliant. We have a small rotation and we are trying to get significant minutes out of a walk-on at PG (of all places!). So...what do we do? We play good defense (and make no mistake, we played very good defense tonight), and try to get MGH and Miller going. MGH was playing his game and getting to the basket, but he was either 1) not getting the fouls called, or 2) having them roll in and out. Miller played another really good game. Bolden was off and on, per his usual. Stephens was off, Poole turned it over, MGH was off...and yet we almost took it to OT. This is the "Team of Moral Victories." It stinks. They are playing hard, and they have surprised me, but it just hasn't been enough the majority of the time. Give us Carter or Golden, and we win this game going away. Oh, well. I'll keep rooting for them.

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Poole shot himself in the foot traveling 2 possessions straight. He's out of control. Cbg couldn't leave him in there after that. When holsey does the same he rides the pine.

If that's the case then Hosely should not see the court. He travels at least two times a game and is going to step on the base line trying to make a move at least once a game. Control, really?

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
If that's the case then Hosely should not see the court. He travels at least two times a game and is going to step on the base line trying to make a move at least once a game. Control, really?
You clearly already have your mind made up about a team playing with 7 scholarship players. I think Stacy could easily be a starter if he had more control over his body. He's one of those guys that would dominate a pick-up game but when the rules are introduced he gets called a lot. Holsey also has the benefit of being the only choice at his position unless there some other 6'8" guy on the team I haven't heard about.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I thought Poole looked out of control too. He wasn't helping us out there although I agree if he could harness his attributes he would've been an asset.

I really like Stephens. Plays hard, looks highly-skilled. Would fit well at Duke (hurts me to my core to say that). We need the Jr-year version of him though when his old-man strength is starting to come in.

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Out of control? Name one player that doesn't have the mane D Miller that looks like they play in control? Bolden: TO machine, still a brick mason, no d shall I go on? MGH: either drives into trouble or shoots difficult shots, good d, not great handling the ball, lack of confidence. Heward: can't count to five, can't score, decent d. Kam: TO machine, black hole when he gets the ball down low and usually something bad happens, can't jump, bad d, hasn't learned to block out in five years. Stacy Poole: yes plays too fast, streaky scorer, good d, can't handle the ball. Stephens: decent shot, weak on d and rebounding, should have RSed. Yes I will continue to root for Tech like I have for the last 38 years. But damn, like I stated before when you've watched Tech basketball when it was great and now this. I can't remember a season when Tech scored less than 45 pts in a game TWICE. I can't stand to hear part of the Tech family cry about injuries. Every team has them. Coach should be ready to deal with it instead of shaking his head during an interview and acting like he's the most unlucky guy in the room. Sad thing is most people on this board have only seen one good Tech basketball team in the entire lives. That being Jack, Bynum, Elder, McHenery, Ish, Luke final four team. That is sad for this program to be in this state.