GT Being Overlooked

dubjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I love that people are still downplaying us. The analyst said many coaches think JT is best player in conference. I want people to keep putting us down all the way to the championship. We always play better when people don't believe in us!

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
If you mention anyone outside the usual suspects, the "experts" scoff or laugh. In no particular order, they start with OhioSt, Bama, Auburn, USC, Oregon, TCU, and Baylor. In the next tier you find FSU, Mich St, ND, UCLA, and LSU. We are in the next tier of ten or so that get mentioned occasionally.

bass ackwards

Georgia Tech Fan
Any other year I would be more skeptical, but I'm confident because QB is a leader and has been a winner all his life (even though he's only "pretty good, most days" now lol).

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
It is true that GT historically plays better as an underdog and not as well when favored IMO. If GT does well, can you imagine the pressure being undefeated after week 5 then facing Klimpsun in Death Valley, or week 7 then facing F$U, or week 9 facing VPI, or week 10 to face the candy 'Canes in Miami, or week 11 facing the mutts? That target on GT will grow bigger and bigger every week. The pressure will be huge. But I have faith in CPJ and his staff to manage the pressure placed on the team. His experience in the FCS championships and the OB last year prove he can do it.

Per JT's dad from the AJC article, JT has won championships at every level of football he has played except college, but he's working on that one. :)

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
If you mention anyone outside the usual suspects, the "experts" scoff or laugh. In no particular order, they start with OhioSt, Bama, Auburn, USC, Oregon, TCU, and Baylor. In the next tier you find FSU, Mich St, ND, UCLA, and LSU. We are in the next tier of ten or so that get mentioned occasionally.

Not that long ago TCU and Baylor would not have had high expectations. They have MADE believers out of many pundits. My hope I that we are headed dwn that same road.