GT adds a walk-on QB

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Hmmmmmmmm.

1928 yards total offense in his senior year with 1162 on the ground, with a long run of 55 yards. Has run our base offense forever (Marist does it down to JV). Knows how to make a read.

Yes, I'd say he's a candidate myself, largely because he's like those Middie QBs who went to the special prep school the academy operates to train football players to run the O. (The secret is revealed!) But I'd like to see how he does in, you know, an actual college football game before I get all goose bumpy.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Worth taking a chance! Has the size and experience in similar system. A lot of playing quarterback is in the head as well as in the athleticism. That is why some walkons make the grade. Everyone knows the speed of the game and the fact that the competition is greater than High School. The greater competition often catches up with many of the "High Star" players. However, those with determination and the mental capacity can overtake some of the players with more athleticism, especially at quarterback.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
No one ever thought Godhigh would turn out like he did as a walk-on. Seeing as how he has so much experience running our O it is totally possible he could be the starter someday. You never know how a kid is gonna blossom or burnout. Best of luck to the kid. Welcome to Tech!!

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Would not surprise me at all to see this kid come in and grab PT from JT or TB due to his experience running the flex and wing.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm totally confused. Are those highlights really from 2012 or was that a typo on the site?

Not sure why we all go gaga over walk-on types. Godhigh was the exception, not the rule. If any walk-on QB sees time for us we're in big trouble IJ7.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
No way he comes in and plays next year.

He will be a good depth guy down the road but not now.

JT, Byerley, Griffin and Jordan will all be way ahead.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Worth taking a chance! Has the size and experience in similar system. A lot of playing quarterback is in the head as well as in the athleticism. That is why some walkons make the grade. Everyone knows the speed of the game and the fact that the competition is greater than High School. The greater competition often catches up with many of the "High Star" players. However, those with determination and the mental capacity can overtake some of the players with more athleticism, especially at quarterback.
He's a walk-on, we're taking no chance at all. All the chance taking is on his part.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
No one ever thought Godhigh would turn out like he did as a walk-on. Seeing as how he has so much experience running our O it is totally possible he could be the starter someday. You never know how a kid is gonna blossom or burnout. Best of luck to the kid. Welcome to Tech!!

I love the attitude of walk-on players in general. Those dudes are out to prove something.