GT (-8.5) vs. UVA

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Also not sure what to read into this one, but Pitt has opened as a 6.5 pt favorite at Navy. Their game is Saturday at 3:30pm on ESPNU for anyone interested.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Yesterday's game bolstered my confidence a little bit so I originally thought 8.5 was a bit low. However, with how inconsistent we've been this season, 8.5 seems safe now. I hope we can show consistency rest of the season.

With that said, apparently London's seat is hot at UVA after losing to Duke.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/61862/what-we-learned-in-the-acc-week-8-5

5. Mike London watch. There is little doubt that Virginia coach Mike London is firmly on the hot seat after his team blew a 22-0 lead at home to Duke, giving up 35 unanswered points and losing 35-22. After building the lead, Virginia had five consecutive three-and-outs. Duke finally found a rhythm with both Anthony Boone and Brandon Connette after struggling early in the game. Virginia has now lost four straight, dropping to 0-3 in the ACC. The remainder of the schedule is brutal, too. Of the five games left, only one team -- North Carolina -- has a losing record. The Hoos might have blown their best shot at a victory the rest of the way. London is 6-13 since the start of last season, leaving you to wonder how much time he has left in Charlottesville.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
UVA doesnt have the horses to blitz us like VPI had. I expect Tenuta to try that but I am causiously optimistic that we will burn them some when they do that. Hopefully last weeks game gave us some confidence to start a roll to a nice finish.