GT +8.5 @ NC State

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
I was at the game. The state crowd sure didn't think so :)

Especially the jump ball at the end of regulation, I was scared they were going to call a foul on us. Thankfully they usually hold their whistles on close calls that close to the end of the game.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I didn't see the game but I went back and looked at the box score, Bubba Parham played 23 minutes was 0-3 FG's and scored 1 point ... wondering if he's a streaky kind of player or just not dialed in the other night ??

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I didn't see the game but I went back and looked at the box score, Bubba Parham played 23 minutes was 0-3 FG's and scored 1 point ... wondering if he's a streaky kind of player or just not dialed in the other night ??

No immediate answer but that is a key question going forward. We will almost certainly not get near the bubble if he is not at least a legit threat to score. I thought Pastner had some nice wrinkles to get DeVoe specific shots and he likely needs to do the same for Bubba

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Your avatar is killing me. Lol

As bad as that situation was, it's actually a pretty great pic! If we somehow overcome everything and make the tourney I think the RB curse will officially be lifted and I will change my avatar.

At least it's better than my last avatar (mugshot of our favorite "booster").

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Good point.It is concerning that a guy who avg almost 20 and scored 36 vs Ky can't score basically.His 3 pt shooting will be KEY to a bunch of games as James won't be able to score 20 much..

GT_EE78

Banned
Good point.It is concerning that a guy who avg almost 20 and scored 36 vs Ky can't score basically.His 3 pt shooting will be KEY to a bunch of games as James won't be able to score 20 much..
I'm not sure if using bubba's prior stats and then adjusting them to a current set of expectations will actually work. Last games minutes will only be available if Jose is in foul trouble. He could be more of a passer here than the go to scorer, and then the impact of higher level of competition makes any projections difficult. I'm just hoping his 3 pt FG% will carry over and gets to take a few each game

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What most stood out to me was our ability to hit some 3's. The previous years we just bricked consistwntly, The only guy who didn't was DeVoe and he wasn't great. We made some against State. I too was afraid they would call a foul on jump ball. And will give Pastner credit for getting some plays to DeVoe.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He’ll get his points. So will Price

Totally agree! People worried about Bubba not scoring are simply people that haven’t played much basketball IMO.

You’re shot isn’t going to fall every game, but he still had a positive impact on the game as a facilitator. He was great at pushing the pace in transition, and he had a couple of excellent passes for layups.

Pure and simple, if they thought he was going to score 20 ppg, then they’re drunk!

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
If we get 8-11 ppg from Bubba that’s a huge win. For me, even if all he does is adequately back up Jose so we can keep him healthy for an entire season, that’s a win.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
We do need to have scoring from Bubba if we are going to be bubbly. He doesn't have to be the lead scorer but he can't be zero routinely. I don't think he will be zero routinely but it is going to take some attention to make sure he gets some specific shots.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Totally agree! People worried about Bubba not scoring are simply people that haven’t played much basketball IMO.

You’re shot isn’t going to fall every game, but he still had a positive impact on the game as a facilitator. He was great at pushing the pace in transition, and he had a couple of excellent passes for layups.

Pure and simple, if they thought he was going to score 20 ppg, then they’re drunk!
Hes just trying to fit in w his new team. Its hard to come to new team so he doesnt want to instantly start looking for his shot every chance. He still looked good getting people involved and moving the ball. I think we will see him get a little more aggressive every game as he gets more comftorable w new team.